Honored Contributor

If you go to YouTube , type in Dr. Emily Porter flatten the curve.  She is Rep. Katie Porter' sister and a board certified emergency room  physician. It is a simple but intelligent explanation of why the rules are in place, and why the ventilator situation  is critical.  Not meant to scare, but knowledge is power. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Emily Porter

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1   Is it the five minute version or 14 minute version that you suggest watching?  (Hoping you're still on here.)

Edited to say:  I watched the five minute version.  It was very interesting.  Thank you for suggesting it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack , I first saw the shorter version on Twitter, and then went to You Tube. Those sisters have a knack for explaining complex situations.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

If you go to YouTube , type in Dr. Emily Porter flatten the curve.  She is Rep. Katie Porter' sister and a board certified emergency room  physician. It is a simple but intelligent explanation of why the rules are in place, and why the ventilator situation  is critical.  Not meant to scare, but knowledge is power. 

@QVCkitty1 

Thank you!  I love Rep. Katie Porter, but did not know about her sister.  I will enjoy checking out her information.  My best friend and traveling buddy is a board certified ER physician.

Yes, the respirators / ventilators are of serious concern.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

I have such high regard and respect for Katie Porter.  She is an intelligent caring woman of integrity who seeks the truth out and I am a fan.  I wish her well, she is a definitely asset in her position. People who know their facts, do their research, are intelligent and pursue truth and honesty are people I listen to.

I watched the Emily Porter video and it was very interesting and informative.  I thank these sisters for their integrity and knowledge,  they give me hope. 

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I have such high regard and respect for Katie Porter.  She is an intelligent caring woman of integrity who seeks the truth out and I am a fan.  I wish her well, she is a definitely asset in her position. People who know their facts, do their research, are intelligent and pursue truth and honesty are people I listen to.

I watched the Emily Porter video and it was very interesting and informative.  I thank these sisters for their integrity and knowledge,  they give me hope. 

@spiderw  @QVCkitty1 

While I was researching her videos, I found that there is a brother too!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Okay, she was good.   I watched what must have been the short version of Emily explaining  the numbers of expected patients and the lack of ventilators.  

Thanks for posting, @QVCkitty1.

Honored Contributor

Drythe!

Do you know anything about him?