Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dr. Birx - Don't go to grocery stores or pharmacies

@Snowpuppy ...I have been looking on You Tube on how to make a mask without sewing, easy.  I have a friend in N. Carolina who used to design and make clothes for me years and years ago.  She told me she will make masks for us and send to me free of charge, can't beat that.  Stay safe.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@beach-mom 

Dr. Birx was talking about specific areas of the country that are/were the hardest hit by the virus. NY/Detroit/Louisiana etc. when she made that statement. Maybe you, and others interpreted it differently than I did. 

Whatever you feel is right for you? Go for it. I plan on doing the same as the last 2+ weeks. 

hckynut

@hckynut is correct & she also added...if possible. It's easy to find her statement & READ it before commenting. 

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@beach-mom 

Dr. Birx was talking about specific areas of the country that are/were the hardest hit by the virus. NY/Detroit/Louisiana etc. when she made that statement. Maybe you, and others interpreted it differently than I did. 

Whatever you feel is right for you? Go for it. I plan on doing the same as the last 2+ weeks. 

hckynut

@hckynut is correct & she also added...if possible. It's easy to find her statement & READ it before commenting. 

The above is correct.  This is what happens when word is passed around and parts are left out.  If you want the evidence here is the press conference on video.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/coronavirus/dr-birx-the-next-2-weeks-are-extraordinarily-important/... 

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@beach-mom 

hckynut

@hckynut - Those are the hotspots she first mentioned, but then she said Colorado, Pennsylvania, and Washington D.C. are a concern because they are "starting to go on that upside." She said this right before she gave her warning about the stores. I guess it is a matter of how we see it, but I thought it was meant to include everyone - of course, I could be wrong; there is so much information out there! I tend to listen to her, Dr. Fauci, and Dr. Adams. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Op was correct in her sstatements. The three cities were mentioned because they are at their peak. She then stated everybody needs to do what is needed for the next two weeks. Please listen carefully to what she is stating.

Here is my one big question: How do they know in the next two weeks the curve will flatten!!!. Do they have scientific research or is this an educated guess??

Please don't offend us by questioning what we are being feed.

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@beach-mom 

hckynut

The above is correct.  This is what happens when word is passed around and parts are left out.  If you want the evidence here is the press conference on video.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/coronavirus/dr-birx-the-next-2-weeks-are-extraordinarily-important/... 

@RoughDraft and @kitcat51 - I did read a transcript of her conference. Maybe the reporter who wrote it left something out, but so did the NBC video. You will notice there is a break. She did mention the three other places. I think it's only fair to believe quotes that are attributed to her. 

Occasional Contributor

I went to grocery store and I'm going to Wal Mart this morning.  Having things delivered takes too long.  I went on 4 walks yesterday.  2 were for my dog and 2 were just me and my husband.  I will continue to walk and take my dog.  I see almost nobody where we live.

Trusted Contributor

I went to the grocery store yesterday to pick up only bread and milk....my intention was to go in, purchase my items and quickly leave.....well, the store was just as crowded as it would normally be on a Saturday afternoon....even a little more than normal....very little room to social distance...entire families shopping together. They've asked multiple times for only one person in the family to shop at a time...there was one person there with her five children...said she brought them to get them out of the house...WHAT???!!! They should not be exposed like that for an "outing". 
Until people truly follow the guidelines, I'm afraid the stay home directives will last much longer.

Honored Contributor

My grocery store now offers free delivery to people over 60 and at risk. My pharmacy has a drive up and I will wear gloves if I have to pick up anything before it's safer.  Luckily, I refilled my 90 day prescription before the pandemic hit.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

This is bizarre. One time were told only wear mask if you are not well; next minute you need to wear mask out in public.

Are they trying to make people crazy? I just don't understand all these doctors who have so many different inputs. Is the public being misinformed to keep our economy in the toilet!! This really angers me to find out from one day to the next no one really knows that much about this virus.

I think that is why we see people out and about doing their business. How long can this go on before people start doing normal(whatever that means).

It's easy to figure out why the left and doesn't know what the right hand is doing! This is NEW. Our country, this generation, has never experienced anything like this! We are learning as we go along, day by day. Not so difficult to grasp. 

"Pure Michigan"