Honored Contributor

Doris Day Didn't Know How Old She Is

She says she never paid much attention to birthdays, but always thought she knew how old she was, she's now 93.  Until reporters found her birth certificate which shows she's 95.

Ms. Day is delighted because she can now say she's older than Betty White by two months.  How cute is that!

Happy Gaining Two Years, Doris Day Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Doris Day Didn't Know How Old She Is

How could you not know what year you were born ?

SMH

Honored Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

SMH

Maybe she does know the year, she just doesn't keep up with how many birthdays have passed.  It's evidently not important to her.

Honored Contributor

I will probably be just like that. I thought I was going to be 60 this year. I just turned 59. LOL!!! I no longer keep that # in mind. I always have to deduct the year I was born from the year it is to know for sure. 

Respected Contributor

My mother and half-brother always argued over his date of birth.  He would say "I should know when I was born" and she would say "Well, I should know because I birthed you!"  Not sure if anyone ever figured it out. 

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I loved that saying (don't know from whom....somebody made a statement) "I knew Doris Day before she was a virgin. 

So funny.

Honored Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

SMH

Do you do the math based on the year you were born and the current date whenever someone asks you your birthday, or do you tell them how old you are because it's just something you know, like your address or your phone number?

As I've gotten older and it's come up less, I forget, too. When you're a kid, people ask you all the time. As we get older, people consider it rude and don't ask. So now I have a birthday and forget, the same way I still use the last year when I'm writing the date in January of the new year.

Sometimes I can't remember if I'm 46 or 47 because it doesn't come up very often and I blurt out the wrong thing and then have to correct myself. 

Esteemed Contributor

As many of you here know,I always say I am 80 but I am really 79......( just 3 weeks ago)

I have said that all my life , to everyone  and when I really need to know my age ,I have to get a pen and paper to figure it out 

Why? I do not know?????????

Honored Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

SMH

I thought the same thing.

She's never had to use her birth certificate to show proof of age or citizenship, drivers license, passport...