Honored Contributor

Dom Perignon makes it journey to Burbank today

1. B9C30A19-B946-4BB6-BA4D-B0C4604F14AD.jpegA4262E15-047B-4203-A2FD-81B3AFD6166F.jpegMy granddaughter was in charge of transporting DOM on 358 miles of bad road. Highway 5 in California!,,   Since she knew how much it was,she came up with a plan to get it there safely, LOL!   (  this picture would not no matter what I did come out upright. The photo is on its side, but you get idea) .  She was taking Dom to my oldest granddaughter who is newly engaged.  So excited.  So off she went, taking two detours to dodge fires, Dom strapped in a seat in the back, in a padded, cooled bag,!   I gotta kick out of this one.  Ingenuity of youth, gotta love 'em
Honored Contributor

Re: Dom Perignon makes it journey to Burbank today

I wanted to add, there is only one...IDK what I did.  Spent 20 minutes trying to post photo upright...didnt check to see how many photos I had.  This is my second posted photo, newbie..

my original photo is upright, why did it post this way.?  Anyone know

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to granddaughter.  I'll take a glass of Dom.  I have had it several times in my lifetime probably around 6 or 7.  However, there are several French champagnes that are just as good for a little less.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Congratulations to granddaughter.  I'll take a glass of Dom.  I have had it several times in my lifetime probably around 6 or 7.  However, there are several French champagnes that are just as good for a little less.  Cat Very Happy

Shoekitty said, I dont drink so Monster 2019, is good enough for me lol..  thanks for congrats. We are very excited.  This is my oldest granddaughter. She has been going with her fiance for 7 years.  We love him, so it is a good thing

Honored Contributor

Isn't it available locally where you live?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty 

This pic reminded me of an old movie called "Bottle Shock" with Alan Rickman.  Very entertaining.

I've never had Dom P, but I imagine it is fab.

One of my favorite Aunts lived in Canoga Park in Burbank, CA.   Her street was lined with trees arching over to reach each other....Beautiful!

Enjoy whatever bubbly you have, even if it is seltzer water Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi 

Yes it is.  In fact I bought it here in town.  I live in northern california and my granddaughter that is engagedis in SoCal. My other granddaughter who lives here was visiting her, so i sent it with her and 2 flutes as an engagement  gift

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congratulations to your granddaughter on her engagement and the safe delivery of Dom Perignom.  I lived in So CAl for 40 years of which 15 years was working in Burbank at WarnerBros Studios.  As soon as I saw your post mentioning Burbank it brought back some wonderful memories.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

Burbank is a wonderful, artsy town.  They have managed to keep most of the buildings from the 60s, and businesses occupy them.  They whole town has so many cafes and restaurants.  I imagine with the studios that helps, but wow, so many new and unusual cafes...all packed.  Did you go to Porthos?  That place is next to warner bros. And always has lines around the corner.

when I go I love to run to downtown near the tuluca lake area and shop.  So many cute boutiques, and reasonable.  They also have the best second hand stores,,,in the middle of freeways and surrounded by hollywood, studio city,  tuluca lake, Burbank manages to keep their town small like, clean and always bustling, in a good way though.

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi 

Yes it is.  In fact I bought it here in town.  I live in northern california and my granddaughter that is engagedis in SoCal. My other granddaughter who lives here was visiting her, so i sent it with her and 2 flutes as an engagement  gift

@shoekitty  Ah Ha!     I've brought home on a plane  a whole suitcase full of rock salt crusted rye rolls from Chicago.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥