Valued Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten OH HOW I CAN RELATE!  It may sound like a minor complaint, unless you live with someone that always does that! DH has a home office, so if I think of something to tell him, I make sure he isn't on the phone, reviewing documents, etc. I try to treat his time in his home office as professional. I've never discussed this with him, I've just been naturally respectful of it.

Yet when he's not working, he will just enter a room and start talking. While I am glad he likes talking to me, I find it very rude. A lot of times I may be cooking and ltrying to read a recipie, or make sure something isn't burning. Even if it looks like I'm folding laundry, he doesn't stop to see if I have my earbuds in (as I typically listen to audio books while doing housework); and I don't want to be interrupted during a good part. 

I've kindly said that I'm typically respectful of when he looks engrossed in something. I would appreciate the same. I truly don't think he realizes how constant it is. Sorry for the rant, I know I'm lucky if that's one of my biggest annoyances. But it is frustrating! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Does it bother you...?

[ Edited ]

Mellyg and deepwaterdotter, I'm so glad that other people truly understand.

Esteemed Contributor

It does not bother me. If I worked from home and someone kept interrupting me I might feel different, but that's the only time.

From the time I had kids, someone always wanted or needed something. I said some days they waited until I was in the bathroom and then it was, Mom, Mom.

I don't do anything so important that I can't hit pause on the TV or mark at spot in a book.

When DH was alive he had a habit of wanting me to come  see something on TV while I was cooking.  No big deal.

How many people live in your house that you are constantly bothered?

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

It does not bother me. If I worked from home and someone kept interrupting me I might feel different, but that's the only time.

From the time I had kids, someone always wanted or needed something. I said some days they waited until I was in the bathroom and then it was, Mom, Mom.

I don't do anything so important that I can't hit pause on the TV or mark at spot in a book.

When DH was alive he had a habit of wanting me to come  see something on TV while I was cooking.  No big deal.

How many people live in your house that you are constantly bothered?

enough to bother me. And when it's your children needing your attention, that's different. Grown-ups are supposed to know the difference. And there are times when someone has interrupted me to say something like, "come over here and look at the moon", etc. and I don't mind at all.

Honored Contributor

Nope, it doesn't bother me.  I grew up in a noisy house and my house was always noisy when my kids were here.

I just answer and if I have to do something per request, I do.  I can always go back to whatever I was doing.

I have regrets that unlike my mother, I often asked my kids to wait until I was finished doing something unimportant.  My mother dropped everything for us when I was younger.  I was super lucky to have a wonderful mother.  I wish I would have told her that while she was still alive.  

Respected Contributor

It doesn't bother me but I do understand where your coming from.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Nope, it doesn't bother me.  I grew up in a noisy house and my house was always noisy when my kids were here.

Interesting take on it. I grew up in a home that was noisy and chaotic. Both my parents were alcoholics who screamed at my sister and I, and each other, constantly. Maybe that's why peace and quiet appeals to me.

Honored Contributor

i am guilty of doing this at times.......i dont mind it being done to me. i suppose if someone told me to stop doing it i would probably try to stop it with them.

it doesnt bother me personally at all. i know i can reread or rewind. if i really needed some privacy i could lock the door and put up a do not disturb sign on the doorknob.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

If I'm on the phone, and someone keeps bugging me, that's when I I get angry. I would never do that to someone else. Everyone in my household is old enough to know better, and unless the house is burning down or someone is in distress, they can wait till I'm off the phone. PERIOD !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I tend to do this, when i get a thought ,i want to get it out ,before i forget my thought!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.