Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone have a Victrola or the new 'old fashioned' music centers?

@Laura14 I think you should buy it ,if you can.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

We have one, by Crosley I believe.  I bought it at Macy's for my hubby for Christmas back in 2002 when these players were fairly new.  Hubby has enjoyed using it all these years. He has a record collection from the 50's and 60's, and he's always on the hunt for old records at flea markets and garage sales.  He also plays CD's and his old cassettes on this machine.  Ours also has an AM/FM radio.  Hubby is not a high tech person; he's just a grandpa who remembers the good old days, so this old-fashioned player was a perfect gift for him.  I will add that he has moved up to a SiriusXM subscription in his car, so maybe pretty soon he will trash his old flip phone for a smart phone -- ya never know!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have a newer portable as pictured in some of these posts but we also have a real Victrola from the olden days....same model is in the Smithsonian in fact....Husband plays it for special occasions... 

Respected Contributor

I purchased this a few weeks ago from HSN.  With discounts and Spendable Kash, I paid $35.  I move it around the house as I clean.  It's not bad; even plays Christmas albums from the 50s and 60s.

Crosley Cruiser Deluxe 3-Speed Portable Retro Turntable

Respected Contributor

@Laura14   It sounds like this is something you really would like.Things like this bring back such good memories.Go with your heart and get it! Enjoy,

Honored Contributor

we have that model. have had one for several  years. can't even remember where we got it from. we still own vinyl records and every now then we play them on the "record player".

Honored Contributor

Wow thanks guys! You make it hard to wait for my rewards to kick in. I am so glad those that have them enjoy them. I think I might take the plunge and treat myself.
Honored Contributor

@Laura14  

This is my system, lol.  I bought an 'old fashioned' one.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  Awesome!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I play cassettes.

I play CDs

I play records.

I have my albums from the 60's. Many are folk albums. I have albums that were given to people who went to rock and roll shows at the Brooklyn Fox. I  have an album from the 1964 rock and roll show.

I enjoy all the music.

I do have music on my phone and IPads too.

My suggestion would be that if you do purchase a item that plays records please ask about replacement needles for the device. I do not know if they use the record needles I am referring too.