Valued Contributor

I am really curious, how many of you keep butter out of the fridge?  We always have butter out soft and ready, but I have seen that many always store it in the fridge.  

At our house, we keep fresh sticks in the fridge or freezer, but always have a softened stick out on the counter.  I am trying to think back growing up and it was always left out of the fridge, unless it was margarine, which I only remember in a tub.

Honored Contributor

@Warrior2022  Fridge.

Honored Contributor

I don't use butter, I use margarine

I keep all sticks but one in the freezer.

I live alone, if I know I'll be using "butter" during the day, I leave it out most of the day.

I always put it in the refrigerator at night.

What kind of butter dish do you use?

If you keep butter out all day, you should use a heavy ceramic or stoneware butter dish with a lid

butter dish.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Out.  Easier to spread.

Esteemed Contributor

Always in the fridge.I usually take it out about 20 minutes before I use it,to soften. Then back in the fridge it goes.

Esteemed Contributor

We keep it refrigerated but use whipped butter so it's easier to spread. 

Honored Contributor

We use Kerrygold butter. I always have some in the refrigerator & freezer. We keep a stick in the butter boat that has water under it on the counter.

Honored Contributor

Fridge

Respected Contributor

@Warrior2022  @Nightowlz  Like Nightowlz I use a butter keeper for one stick.  Rest is kept in the refrigerator or the freezer.

Super Contributor

My Great-grandmother kept it out. We've always kept it in the refrigerator. Sometimes I leave it out but it makes it too tempting to use so I usually don't. I just take it out long enough to have it soft when needed. I have a weekness for butter on toast or potatoes.