Honored Contributor

Does anyone agree about long threads

[ Edited ]

I am soo not a fan of a thread with comments that keep getting added on to!

Hope you know what I mean, its hard to explain. 

I never do that and cant stand to go thru all of it to see comments.  I always start a new comment without all the added stuff.

Might just be me that is annoyed by it LOL.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

@CherryHugs 

Do you mean threads that are 15+ pages long, or threads that is nothing more than a conversation between just two people???

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819   I dont mind conversation between 2 ppl at all.

Just when  one page of comments have all the previous comments on them and you have to scroll thru a ton to get to the comment that is next!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone agree about long threads

[ Edited ]

I do that when I am answering a poster so posters know what I'm talking about, but I can see the problem and I won't do it anymore.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   I am sorry if I offended anyone. It is nothing personal or just one person.

What happens though is that I will just skip a whole thread when this happens.  I guess I dont have the patience at times to go thru all the previous stuff on the area with the new comment someone is making!

Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs So, you mean a long post in a thread where several other posters are quoted?  Yes, that can look confusing .

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

I completely stop reading or following a thread when that starts.  It's usually at the point when 2 posters are going at each other and there's nothing new to be gleaned by anyone else.

Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB  Yes that is it, I had a hard time explaining what I mean!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think you mean long posts, not threads, where the poster quotes another (and another and another and another, etc). 

Yes, that does bother me also. I don't necessarily skip them, but I do skip the often-qutoed replies.

P.S. I didn't see SloopJohn's reply before I typed mine. Sorry!

Honored Contributor

You didn't offend me at all. I understand how annoying it can be.