Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone agree about long threads

@SurferWife wrote:

@CherryHugs 

It can get confusing when a post is quoted, re-quoted, re-quoted ad nauseum.  Sometime I can't keep track of whose response I'm reading.

@SurferWife 

Well, if you're not following the conversation, just read the most current comment and move on.  Or skip over the long posts and move on.  It's not difficult to follow the gist of the comments and subject without reading every single comment.  Do whatever works best for you.

Respected Contributor

I have trouble sorting it out when the quoted posts go to grey and there are 4 or more posts. I can't keep straight who said what. And I'm too lazy to spend time figuring it out. If it's two posters having a heated exchange I skip it and move on to other posts.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I have trouble sorting it out when the quoted posts go to grey and there are 4 or more posts. I can't keep straight who said what. And I'm too lazy to spend time figuring it out. If it's two posters having a heated exchange I skip it and move on to other posts.

@SunValley 

Sometimes it doesn't even matter who said what ... as much as what was said.   

When two people are going back and forth in a conversation, they are primarily talking to each other, and the rest of the posters being able to follow along  isn't really a consideration.

Honored Contributor

This is the funniest thread I have read in a while.

Thank you all.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

@SunValley 

Sometimes it doesn't even matter who said what ... as much as what was said.   

When two people are going back and forth in a conversation, they are primarily talking to each other, and the rest of the posters being able to follow along  isn't really a consideration.

I agree. That was the point I was trying to make with my last sentence but you said it better.

@Tinkrbl44 

Honored Contributor

I did not mean a long thread actually. I am talking about the reply area. Sorry for the confusion, I didnt know how to word what I meant grrrr.

I just find the long comment - reply areas that are long with all of the previous stuff in it too is very confusing and I dont have the time or patience to go thru it all to get to that new comment.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

My comment  did not come out quite right, what i was trying to say , was the reposting of replys, long threads that just get confusing to me,  i end up just giving up on them.Woman Frustrated

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.