Honored Contributor

Re: Does QVC Have a Minimum Age Requirement For The Boards?

At my last residence, a 62+ and older apartment building, I couldn't believe the high school society that existed there.  I pretty much stayed to myself but I heard some things that happened when a "gang" of women would pile on someone they disliked.

One time I was in the hallway and one of the "leaders" of a clique was talking about her sister.  She said "I wouldn't spit on her face if it was on fire."  First of all, I don't understand what that means, and second, she said it so viciously I recoiled inside.

Another time this same woman stuck her foot out to trip a woman they all disliked, who was just walking down the hallway.  She missed, but they all laughed.

I had one or two friends there whom I didn't see often, and they kept to themselves too for the same reason. 

Most of these women were in their seventies. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Razzorback wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

Frequently posters blame kids out of school for rude posts.

I do not believe there are many (if any) hit and run posters here.  And, I seriously doubt high schoolers would waste their time here. The nastiness comes from the same posters, although sometimes it's from an alter ego.

It's all about anonymity.

Anonimity of the net has made people rude and angry imho.

Unfortunately Ugly People have/are/will always be out there.

The invention of the interweb has given them a beautiful way

to express that emotion.   That feeling isn't 'made' or 'turns' someone. 

Those emotions are part of our DNA...and its the lack of intelligence which allows those emotions to come out. 

Respected Contributor

I have been posting on internet forums since college (almost 20 years).  I've been on forums where almost everyone was my age, forums where there is a wide range of ages from 18 to 60+ and this forum where it's mostly just 50+ women.  I have seem immaturity from the younger generation for sure.  I have seen downright hateful, rude and disgusting things from people younger and my own age and older.  It doesn't matter how old you are --- we've seen it on this very forum with 50+ women acting like they're still in junior high.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow