Super Contributor

Does Anyone Own A Mini Cooper?

I saw where the new 2017 "countryman" is a few inches longer and wider and also will offer a first ever plug-in hybrid.

DH is retiring in a few months ... both our cars are old and we are looking at buying a smaller car. I think the Cooper is so cute. Also wonder about cost of replacement parts.

TIA Tabby

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Own A Mini Cooper?

I don't have one, but if you are looking for a small, fun, inexpensive car, I can recommend a Fiat!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

I do want one!  I've wanted one for years but hubby always talks me out of it.  I do plan to trade my car in for a new one in two years.  Perphaps that will be the year of my Mini Cooper.  I'll be 59...I should do something big before the big 6-0 hits me.

Trusted Contributor

I have watched The Price is Right a long time and when they give away this kind of car I have heard Drew Carey say this is the kind of car he has and loves.  

I like the design of them.

Hope you enjoy whatever you decide to purchase.

Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:
I don't have one, but if you are looking for a small, fun, inexpensive car, I can recommend a Fiat!

My friend drives a Fiat.  It is fun to drive and has been very reliable so far.

Esteemed Contributor

I got my grandson one when he was one. Hahaha! Seriously though, they are cute.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I don't own one but my main concern would be the safety factor if you get in a crash. It's so small that I would be very concerned.

Trusted Contributor

I bought my Mini Cooper new in 2014 and still love it! They are very well made, fun to drive, good gas mileage. We will consider getting a new one when this one reaches the end of it's life.

Trusted Contributor

Mini Coopers have a very high safety rating.

Trusted Contributor

My dad owned two minis and loved them.  I know this about them - they are very well built, high safety rating and expensive to fix.  One of the problems for anyone owning a mini in my state is that there is only one mini dealer in the whole state.  We are two hours from that dealer, so my dad had to take off work a day to go there if he wanted a free oil change or any work done.  I almost bought a two-seater mini 5 years ago but decided against it since there was no local dealer.  They've since stopped making the two seater, but it was really cute.