Frequent Contributor

Does Anyone Know Why...

[ Edited ]

QVC & HSN dont broadcast 24 hours a day anymore???  Or should I say dont sell live 24 hours a day anymore.

Honored Contributor

I really don't know but assumed it was a financial decision.

Honored Contributor

You might get better response if you put what you want to talk about in the title of the post.  That way those who are interested are more likely to respond.

Esteemed Contributor

I believe many, many people like me are spending less at the Q and of course fewer people are spending during the overnight hours. Probably cost them more to run a live broadcast for 5 hours during the night than it was bringing in. Simple math. No mystery, really.

Respected Contributor

I don't watch Q live anymore, but I do shop online. Maybe a lot of people have done the same.

Probably just made more financial sense to save money, & your hosts, by cutting out  those overnight live shows.

Esteemed Contributor

Lots of speculation on the dozens of other discussions on this topic.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

We don't know, your guess is as good as anyone else's.  However HSN has been showing Encore programming in the over nights for a very long time now, it's not new for them.  All of the other shopping channels with the exception of ShopLC have also been showing Encore programs at night too...for a long time.    

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Know Why...

[ Edited ]

When I go through the Q program guide for weeks at a time to record any shows I'd like to see (very few), I'm not only noticing pre-recorded shows on QVC, but way too many repeat shows during the 24 hours on Q2 as well. Can't purchase from old shows when prices/offers have expired and merchandise is no longer available. What are they thinking? 

Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I believe many, many people like me are spending less at the Q and of course fewer people are spending during the overnight hours. Probably cost them more to run a live broadcast for 5 hours during the night than it was bringing in. Simple math. No mystery, really.

I agree. They probably save more than they had incoming by not paying an entire crew to run a live show and keeping all the lights and thermostats on in the enormous building.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   ITA.  HSN and ShopHQ are doing the same thing.

Laura loves cats!