Respected Contributor

Offers and inventory may have changed.  The price on screen is the price you will pay.

@Shanus   The statement above is on the screen for the previously recorded shows on Q2 and Q3.

Hope this helps clarify what QVC is doing with these shows.

aroc3435

Respected Contributor

@shell wrote:

QVC & HSN dont broadcast 24 hours a day anymore???  Or should I say dont sell live 24 hours a day anymore.

hey, i get that @shell ... but the question is:  why show me something that is no longer available (at that price, or at all)

Respected Contributor

i meant to be responding to @aroc3435  in my previous post 

Respected Contributor

@shell wrote:

QVC & HSN dont broadcast 24 hours a day anymore???  Or should I say dont sell live 24 hours a day anymore.

Because they've determined it's not profitable for them to do so.  It's as simple as that.

Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Know Why...

[ Edited ]

@fancy pantsy I'm just guessing this time.  Perhaps they edit the tape for that particular item to remove it, or insert one or a series of "look what Q is doing" type spots that they use when a host has to take a few minutes to travel to the place for the next presentation such as they sometimes do when David Venable has to go outside to get to a smoker presentation.

Super Contributor

QVC was the last shopping channel to have 24 hour broadcasting. I can remenber HSN and ShopHQ was doing it long before the Q. You can check their schudule and you will see that this is new for the Q.

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

Offers and inventory may have changed.  The price on screen is the price you will pay.

@Shanus   The statement above is on the screen for the previously recorded shows on Q2 and Q3.

Hope this helps clarify what QVC is doing with these shows.

aroc3435

@aroc3435   Yes, it's posted. Just saying it seems like a waste of time to even watch the repeats. My cable co. doesn't even broadcast Q3.

Honored Contributor

I for one, never thought it made sense to pay multiple employees to host shows thru the night.   I would think vendors are also much happier to present their product to a larger audience during regular viewing hours, compared to being on-air in the middle of the night.   

Once different hosts started leaving, it made sense to look at making simple changes with operational factors, to right size with the current number of employees on staff, and adjust on-air time.   Am sure the money saved each day resonates what a good decision it was.   

Honored Contributor

I had no idea.  They've been 24 hrs for decades!!!

Esteemed Contributor

No one here knows with certainty why, but of course the speculation is financial.

Personally, I think it was a very, very wrong headed misguided decision which will ultimately destroy them.  Particularly given how dismal 3rd quarter results were.

Falling cash, rising debt, drop in operating revenue....

And yet they still keep all the hosts on board.  If they were serious about operating expense control they would be demonstrating it.