Regular Contributor

Do you wish the time change would end?

Since we changed our clock last night I have a question. Do you wish we would do away with the time change? I do. I wish they would either pick Standard or Daylight Saving and leave it that way forever.  Just my opinion. What is yours?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wish the time change would end?

@mormel20 wrote:

Since we changed our clock last night I have a question. Do you wish we would do away with the time change? I do. I wish they would either pick Standard or Daylight Saving and leave it that way forever.  Just my opinion. What is yours?

I honestly don't care either way .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I wish we would stay on daylight savings time.  I don't mind it being dark in the morning but I really like it being light later at night. 

However, I don't find the one hour time change to be disruptive either way as so many seem to do.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Arizona's so we don't change times. The last thing we need here is another hour of daylight and heat.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, keep it on standard time.  

Honored Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

Yes, keep it on standard time.  

I agree but would find a permanent choice of either time acceptable. Just tired of the twice annual nonsense.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I would like one standard time.  I don't really see the benefits of switching, as they were when it all started.

However, I did hear a NPR report about it.  The reporter interviewed someone that recalled doing away with daylights saving time in the 70's.  They claimed the natural switch, to longer daylight, was harder on people than the one hour switch done at once. And it was decided to keep it daylights savings as it was.

I am sorry I don't know more about the details-- where or how the experiment was conduct.  

Esteemed Contributor

It is kind of a pain, but tolerable.  Though ITA with others that it's just not necessary anymore.   Longer days don't affect me at all,  I enjoy the coziness of winter and the brightness of summer, I try to roll with it.

Super Contributor

My family dislikes the time changes. I don't mind it. It takes me a day or two to get over the sleepiness. Otherwise, I go with it. 

Esteemed Contributor

YES!