Respected Contributor

Re: Do you think there's an age or time in life when it's too late to start over somewhere?

Yes, I do, but I think that age depends on the person.  Anyone can reach the point where the change is just too big to try.  The trouble it will cause outweighs the benefits it would bring.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you think there's an age or time in life when it's too late to start over somewhere?

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

IF you are moving where you have family and or friends, no.  Otherwise, why on earth move where you don't know a soul?  

If you are moving away somewhere where your kids are far away and will have to take care of you from afar, that's not fair to them.

Because of the souls that are known?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Yes.    Just this past week, a 92 year old woman (here in PHX) shot and killed her son......who tried to put her in a "home".     Of course, now she's in jail................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

IF you are moving where you have family and or friends, no.  Otherwise, why on earth move where you don't know a soul?  

If you are moving away somewhere where your kids are far away and will have to take care of you from afar, that's not fair to them.

Because of the soul's that are known?

God love you for saing this. I didn't know a soul here either and yet my soul called me here

Honored Contributor

It's never, ever too late!!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I think it is probably too late when you develop health issues that make it difficult to be independent.  Sadly, that can be at any age.  So, don't wait to do the things you really want to do or live the places you really want to live.

Honored Contributor

I'm 62 and retired. I have no family, just me, and if I wanted to move I could easily do it.  I would move if it was to my own island or mountain...and that is not financially possible. So it's here I stay.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner, if my husband and I wanted a big change of location, we would not sit and fret about what might happen down the road. After all, our daughter and family could just as easily announce one day that THEY are moving far away.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@sandy53 wrote:

I think it is probably too late when you develop health issues that make it difficult to be independent.  Sadly, that can be at any age.  So, don't wait to do the things you really want to do or live the places you really want to live.

Completely agree.  Health and financial issues would be IMO the only reasons not to move somewhere you wanted to go.  DH and I have moved several times to places where we knew no one.  Could not see myself living in the same place I was born all my life.  Too much to experience in the world to stay put an entire lifetime--JMO!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

It’s NEVER too late to do something you really want to do ... if your heart is in it then go ahead & do it! 😍