Honored Contributor

has anyone tried this?

Is it really that much better?

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Esteemed Contributor

Never had Dukes.I’m sticking with Hellmanns. It’s my favorite out of all the ones I’ve tried.

Honored Contributor

Duke's is the best, I've been using it the last few years and would never go back to the old standards. Although, I do like Miracle whip for sandwiches.

Honored Contributor

Re: Duke's Real Mayonnaise

[ Edited ]

No. It's not that much better. I'd heard about how wonderful it was for years so decided a few years ago to try a jar. It's good mayo, but tastes no better, as far as I'm concerned, than Hellman's or a few others... I know they make a big deal of it as the 'only' mayo for those of us in the south. It isn't...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

It has no sugar and for that reason alone I prefer it.  

I also like the taste.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: Duke's Real Mayonnaise

[ Edited ]

I've used Hellmans for years because I buy it i bulk at Costco. I was at Giant a week or so ago and there was Duke's on Special as they are now carrying it and was showcasing it and other "Southern" products. I'd read about it but had never tried it and was going to buy Hellmans as I'm now out so....I bought Duke's.

What I and my family found out:

*It's much creamier than Hellmans; almost TOO creamy.

*It's sweeter/lemony in taste than Hellmans

*I need to use almost half of the amount than I normally would with Hellmans. The first time I made egg salad, it was egg soup. I had to boil another 5 eggs (had 8 already in the salad) and add them in to make it egg salad as I know it. SInce then, I've used half the amount when making any type of salad. 

*It's more expensive than Hellmans (same size jar).

Not impressed, to be honest. When we use it up, I'll go back to Hellmans and that will be that.

Respected Contributor

We usually only have Best Foods (Hellmans) out here in the west, but I saw some at Walmart and decided to give it a try.  It was good but  I didn't like it as well as Best Foods and probably won't buy it again.   Heinz just came out with their mayo and I bought a bottle yesterday just because i had a coupon for it.  Haven't tried it yet tho.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I've used Hellmans for years because I buy it i bulk at Costco. I was at Giant a week or so ago and there was Duke's on Special as they are now carrying it and was showcasing it and other "Southern" products. I'd read about it but had never tried it and was going to buy Hellmans as I'm now out so....I bought Duke's.

What I and my family found out:

*It's much creamier than Hellmans; almost TOO creamy.

*It's sweeter/lemony in taste than Hellmans

*I need to use almost half of the amount than I normally would with Hellmans. The first time I made egg salad, it was egg soup. I had to boil another 5 eggs (had 8 already in the salad) and add them in to make it egg salad as I know it. SInce then, I've used half the amount when making any type of salad. 

*It's more expensive than Hellmans (same size jar).

Not impressed, to be honest. When we use it up, I'll go back to Hellmans and that will be that.

@SahmIamSo you're saying it's creamy and economical.  

Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor

@catlover wrote:

has anyone tried this?

Is it really that much better?

As a long time Hellman’s user, when I first moved to the south I tried Duke’s after hearing the hype. It’s almost as good as Hellman’s but soupier. Sometimes you can’t avoid it living where I do, because it’s popular. As long as people don’t use the dreaded Miracle Whip, I’m OK.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

We usually only have Best Foods (Hellmans) out here in the west, but I saw some at Walmart and decided to give it a try.  It was good but  I didn't like it as well as Best Foods and probably won't buy it again.   Heinz just came out with their mayo and I bought a bottle yesterday just because i had a coupon for it.  Haven't tried it yet tho.

I tried Heinz mayo and thought it was very good... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...