Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you remember the song, "We are the world"?

I love the song. I think it sparks hope and love.

Respected Contributor

I remember it well and loved seeing all the performers come together. It's one of those songs that I Iike to listen to and wish we could all come together again. It was quite the undertaking and I applaud Quincy Jones for doing it. I've heard quite a bit about the Netflix documentary and it's on my list of things to watch. It'll be nice seeing all the performers again from so long ago.

Trusted Contributor

I preferred the Bob Geldelf song from the other side of the pond. In the '80s, all the cool stuff came from the UK; it was the New Romantic Invasion!

Respected Contributor

Yes I remember it well.

I just watched the documentary last night...loved it! I love Lionel Richie too, and that he narrates it.    

Nostalgic...how young everyone looked, and that so many are no longer with us. Bruce looked so cute then, and Billy Joel so young. Bruce, now, though doing ok for his age...is looking more and more like Robert DeNiro!

They only alluded to a Michael Jackson/Prince ego rivalry...but I wonder why Prince didn't participate...I'll have to Google that.

Anyway, I enjoyed the documentary. It's wonderful to know it's raised so much money. As is an issue often with these things...I hope the money has gotten to the right places and helped many.

Respected Contributor

Finally watched this last night, yesterday was a total rainout and a perfect time to sit a while and watch TV. There were lots of things I didn't know, surprised me that Waylon Jennings just walked out before it even got started. I never knew about a Prince/M Jackson issue. Surprised to see Huey Lewis, he was always so good looking and I wouldn't have recognized him if he walked through my front door. As @amyb mentioned, I hope the funds really did reach the intended people. I also remember the Concert for Bangladesh in 1971, to help ease the famine back then. I have to admit, it always makes me think twice when I waste so much food. I loved seeing Bruce, I was a huge fan of his back then. Poor Bob Dylan looked so uncomfortable (he also was a big part of the Concert for Bangladesh) so it was good to see him finally break out in smiles at the end.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember it well and thought it was done beautifully! With a beautiful message. Loved it.... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ahoymate wrote:

It's been played 4EVER!! How could you not remember it? It's old and tiresome.

Shoekitty said, well aren't you just a cheerful spreader of joy!  peace

Respected Contributor

Oh, I absolutely remember!

I think about it now and then.....

Respected Contributor

Hey guys....when they all did the song, remember it said...

Leave your ego at the door?

I thought...yeah wow....I get it because they were all great entertainers so it was about helping the poor, not promoting yourself.

I love the song and especially the part that says....

We can't go on...pretending day by day that someone...somewhere willl soon make a change.......I used to cry......