Valued Contributor

Do you love "Pride and Prejudice"? Don't miss this new twist!

I just finished reading a novel by Joy Baker called "Longbourn". The book is an intriguing look at the life of the servants who lived in the Bennet household, primarily during the time when the principle action of "Pride and Prejudice" occurs. If you enjoy the "Upstairs, Downstairs" and "Downton Abbey" plot lines, you will find this eminently entertaining, and extremely well-written.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you love ""Pride and Prejudice""? Don't miss this new twist!

On 10/30/2013 beckyb1012 said:
On 10/29/2013 Vamp said:

Thanks for the recommendations Colinka & beckyb1012. I'm adding them to my book lists.

Beckyb...I have to ask, is 10/12 your birthday? Just curious...because it's mine Smile

No I am a Christmas Eve baby. 1012 is the suite number to my office since 1997 so it is easy to remember.

Do not forget today is National Candy Corn day, I had two this morning for breakfast!!

Ha ha! It only took me 2+ months, but I finally see your response. Happy Belated Birthday!

Trusted Contributor

Just picked it up at the library and going to start it tomorrow while we are snowed in.

Can't wait!

Trusted Contributor

Finally got this book at the library, after waiting almost three months! It was very good.