Honored Contributor
I have always loved them - i wish we could see them on QVC. I used to have on that my first hsband bought for me when we were dating but i gave it to his daughter because she needed to have some things from him. anyway , i would love to see some - I guess they aren't very popular anymore.
Esteemed Contributor

A friend of my mom's has a Sri Lankan SS that is absolutely exquisite. The way it shines in sunlight is gorgeous. It's not a stone I would choose for myself as they seem more masculine, imo, but they are very unique.

Respected Contributor

I have a beautiful star sapphire ring that was my mom's. I need to get it sized or at least see if it can be sized. She had much smaller fingers-

Trusted Contributor

I haven't seen one in years. Years ago I had a friend who had a star ruby.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor

star sapphires and star rubies are lovely. and somewhat magical in appearance and aura. as already said here they are available. on internet searches. possibly with your local jeweler. (-:

Valued Contributor

I hadn't heard of either until this thread... BEAUTIFUL!!

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Super Contributor

The Q did have a star sapphire ring. I think it was the Smithsonian collection but I'm not 100% sure. It was pretty.

Honored Contributor
ShopHQ has a black spinel ring with a center stone (117-851) which has a star sapphire effect. I have the ring and it shows its star very well. A friend of mine had an engagement ring done in a Linde Star which was a synthetic star sapphire popular in the 60's. They came in various colors, hers was brown. It was set in gold and was very striking.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor
On 1/15/2014 EMTHeart13 said:

I hadn't heard of either until this thread... BEAUTIFUL!!

yes. magical. (-: it was nice of you to provide the link too. beauty in the world. (-:

Respected Contributor

I have a rose star sapphire ring. I love looking at the star within. It is an old fashion stone so it seems. I agree it would be nice if QVC brought some rings or pendants for us to see and maybe buy. Depends on how its designed.