Honored Contributor

They used to be very popular and I too like them. At one time I had a beautiful mint green one that was pretty costly, set in a significant amount of gold and given to me by my parents. It was stolen a number of years ago and I still wish I could recover it or at least replace it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
They have them on Liquidation Channel. Also, they have star rubies.
Super Contributor

my DH received a star sapphire ring for his Bar Mitzvah, eons ago.

Honored Contributor

NM... sorry Happy, didn't want to kill your nice thread...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Valued Contributor

My husband's grandmother bequeathed me her gorgeous star sapphire from the 1920's. It is a large stone with diamonds and set in white gold. Really lovely and vintage. I wear it on special occassions. I was so honored that she left it to me. I never see them anywhere.

Honored Contributor

That was the stone in my college ring!

Yes, I am giving away my age with that.

Honored Contributor

I remember when I was a little girl my father had star sapphire cuff links and tie clip. I loved them.

Regular Contributor

I've seen them sold on the Gem Shopping Network on Direct TV. They explained some are authentic sapphires & therefore very pricey. Some are not authentic. I have one that my late husband wore. Don't know if it's real or not. One day I'll take it to a jeweler to find out. It's a Lindy Star Sapphire.

Super Contributor

I love star sapphires! I don't have one though.

Honored Contributor

My aunt was given the most beautiful star sapphire ring I have even seen from her dear husband. Nothing was never too good for Aunt Gert.....she was his sweetheart. He gave it to her for Christmas one year. It was a pretty good sized stone, and was surrounded with diamonds all the way around, and was set in platinum....... They have both passed, and have no idea who inherited it. But, I hope they kept it. Their kids seemed to always be selling off things.