Honored Contributor

We turned our two car garage into a wood workshop so the cars are kept on the driveway.  We also store a lot of tools plus we have a loft in the garage for storing more items.  In one corner though we have our old side by side refrigerator, a chest freezer and a metal shelving unit where I keep a lot of paper goods.

I have an Etsy business and I paint signs.  My husband cuts and stores the wood for my signs in the garage.  I turned what was once a finished basement playroom (now that the kids are grown and out of the house) into my work studio for painting & packing up the signs to ship.  I also set up a corner of the basement into a photography studio for taking photos of the completed signs.

Having both a sizable garage and basement is wonderful for storing and working on projects one wouldn't do in the rest of the house....I couldn't imagine not having either!

Honored Contributor

Yes, 3 car garage.  Garbage/recyclng cans, riding mower, snow blower, picnic table/6 chairs, tool bench, yard tools, shelves for smaller things, car, shop vac, urns.  It's pretty organized and clutter free.

Respected Contributor

I thought everyone had a garage. In our climate, it's a must to protect cars from both summer and winter storms. And my husband collects cars, so we have a separate building for those.

Honored Contributor

Yes, a really nice size garage. We have a 2 fridges in our garage. One is small but makes our sodas so cold...I love that one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I do.  I have a 2 car garage.  It's part of the house.  I don't usually park in it because it's just easier to back down the driveway.

The driveway is over 200 feet long.  You'd think after 38 years I could just zip down it....to that I'd say, it depends on the kind of mood I'm in.  Ha!  The other day I was thinking of something else and (even though it's straight), I still almost backed into the neighbor riding her bike.

It would have been her fault.  She saw me backing down but was trying to get past me quickly.  Actually, I'm exaggerating, I wasn't close to hitting her, but ....

There are large culverts on each side for the water to flow down the street.  You go in one of those ditches and you must get it towed.  In 38 years I've managed to avoid that.  knock on wood....Ha!

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I do.  I have a 2 car garage.  It's part of the house.  I don't usually park in it because it's just easier to back down the driveway.

The driveway is over 200 feet long.  You'd think after 38 years I could just zip down it....to that I'd say, it depends on the kind of mood I'm in.  Ha!  The other day I was thinking of something else and (even though it's straight), I still almost backed into the neighbor riding her bike.

It would have been her fault.  She saw me backing down but was trying to get past me quickly.  Actually, I'm exaggerating, I wasn't close to hitting her, but ....

There are large culverts on each side for the water to flow down the street.  You go in one of those ditches and you must get it towed.  In 38 years I've managed to avoid that.  knock on wood....Ha!

Not to start an argument, but if you had hit the person on the bike it would have been your fault. When you are backing into a street you must yield to all traffic. The person on the bike may have seen you backing, but was within her rights to proceed. 

I'm only telling you this for info purposes and perhaps to prevent a horrible tragedy. You have a really long driveway. Be careful!   Woman Indifferent

Honored Contributor

I have a townhouse without a garage.  I moved from an apartment building with an underground garage but I opted for the non-garage TH because my friend had a TH with a garage and she basically had no basement because of it.  25 years later and I don't use my basement, so I regret not getting the garage.

My next place of residence will have indoor parking.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Ours holds two SUV's, a lawn mower, snowblower, freezer and garbage bins.  There are some cheap kitchen cabinets built in for extra storage.  While there are pull down steps leading up to an attic, we never use it.

Honored Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

Forgot to add. We have a Rubbermaid pantry in here as well.

Have this hanging from a mechanism in the ceiling

1925CBBE-7B48-4EE0-902B-5BF6AEF1BA47.jpeg

I've never seen anything like this. What on Earth is it?? @BirdieGal

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have a garage?

[ Edited ]

I wish there was room in our 2-car garage for our cars but DH's toys take up most of the space so our two vehicles sit in the driveway.  He's got his Harley and his fishing boat (on a trailer) in there and then, of course, things like the lawnmower, garden wagon, tools, ladders, trash and recycling containers, etc. Oh... We do have our bicycles in there too, against a wall.