Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a cat or cats who ""tell?""

My boy is a blabber mouth. I've had him for 17+ years. He's very vocal about what he wants. He's been having trouble lately jumping on the bed. I had a talk with him and told him to come to the side of the bed and meow when he wanted to get up. I was a little shocked the first time he did it because he has selective hearing. I've since bought him stairs and he uses them.
Esteemed Contributor

Oh yes, Kitty, my calico will let me know if there are 2 kibbles missing from her bowl, or 2 sips of water from that dish{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Sometimes, when she is trying to lead me to her bowl, I tell her "I know you have food in your bowl, go eat it" Then she gets behind me a swats at my heels, like she is trying to run me in there{#emotions_dlg.lol}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/15/2015 graycatsrule said: My boy is a blabber mouth. I've had him for 17+ years. He's very vocal about what he wants. He's been having trouble lately jumping on the bed. I had a talk with him and told him to come to the side of the bed and meow when he wanted to get up. I was a little shocked the first time he did it because he has selective hearing. I've since bought him stairs and he uses them.

Kitty is getting old too and has that problem. My bed sits kind of high, so I put a storage ottoman at the foot of my bed and she uses it for a step.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

OMG, Noel, I have a Maine Coon that does the exact same thing! He doesn't cover up his business, but he tries, LOL. He scratches the other end of the box which covers nothing, the wall, the floor, everything but the area right where he goes. He just doesn't get it. His brother- from-another-mother, who is very fastidious, gets so disgusted that he goes in and finishes the job.
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 2/15/2015 Topaz Gem said: OMG, Noel, I have a Maine Coon that does the exact same thing! He doesn't cover up his business, but he tries, LOL. He scratches the other end of the box which covers nothing, the wall, the floor, everything but the area right where he goes. He just doesn't get it. His brother- from-another-mother, who is very fastidious, gets so disgusted that he goes in and finishes the job.
This is so good to know! They really are amazing!
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 2/15/2015 docsgirl said:

My precious boy does the same thing. It's amazing how smart they are. They are so smart that they can play dumb when it suits their purpose. As an aside, I adopted him shortly after Christmas and am still trying to figure out who rescued whom as he is such a joy in my life and I love him to pieces. The people at the animal shelter told me he was a stray and so badly emaciated that they didn't think he would survive but he was a fighter and made it and I'm grateful he did. He's a food thief and knows how to open the drawer where I keep his treats. I guess he had to learn survival tactics when he was on the streets but he sure gets meals to order now. Sorry for rambling but I love him so much and am so grateful for him even though breakfast time is 4:00 am. docsgirl

How sweet! I didn't get my cat from a shelter...he was a stray who showed up at my front door, but I think his background was similar to your cat's.

He was skinny, and had fleas and worms. He must have survived by eating bugs or whatever he could catch. To this day, even though he's been a well-fed indoor cat for over 7 years, as soon as he spots a spider, fly, or other crawly creature...he's on it!

No 4 am breakfasts in this house! He often starts demanding it at 5:30, but we hold out until 6.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Valued Contributor

Sylvia is a real fatty so she eats Satiety Support (diet food) the other eat Science and share a small can at night. Sylvia loves her food and when she can see the kitty face begginning to peek out on the bottom of her dish she tells

Trusted Contributor

I have one who likes to ""tattle"" on the others when they do something they know they're not supposed to do. TimTim will come find me wherever I am in the house & he'll fuss at me until I follow him to what he wants to show me.

Honored Contributor

On 2/15/2015 betteb said:

Oh yes, Kitty, my calico will let me know if there are 2 kibbles missing from her bowl, or 2 sips of water from that dish{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Sometimes, when she is trying to lead me to her bowl, I tell her "I know you have food in your bowl, go eat it" Then she gets behind me a swats at my heels, like she is trying to run me in there{#emotions_dlg.lol}

That's cute! I also get "tagged" by my cat. It's his way of saying, "hey, don't forget I'm here".

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/15/2015 september said:
On 2/15/2015 betteb said:

That's cute! I also get "tagged" by my cat. It's his way of saying, "hey, don't forget I'm here".

My sister says she is giving me a spankin' for sassing her{#emotions_dlg.laugh}