Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have a cat or cats who ""tell?""

Mine is only four months old so we are still trying to figure each other out.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

On 2/15/2015 rarejan said:

I have four cats now and they tell me when it's time to feed them. The most poignant though was my one little girl. Several weeks ago, I lost my eldest to a heart embolism. About a month before this happened, one of my other females would not leave her side. She snuggled with her, groomed her, followed her around constantly, nuzzled her and curled up to sleep with her. She knew. Cats are so amazing.

I'm sorry you lost one, rarejan. They are amazing, yours had a wonderful relationship.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

On 2/15/2015 NoelSeven said: One of our girls has never learned to cover up what's in the litter box. She scratches the rim of the box and the side of what is next to it, but covers up nothing. The younger one, now a year old, runs to the litter box when she hears the other kitty in there. She waits politely, and when the other one leaves, she goes in after her and covers up what is left behind. Then she hops out and goes on with her day. We've seen her do that dozens of times or I would not have believed it myself.

That's what Sylvia does. I scoop all day when I pass the litter boxws. They really like one in particular. Two of them "shoot" around the house when they're finished.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/15/2015 NoelSeven said:

I have four cats now and they tell me when it's time to feed them. The most poignant though was my one little girl. Several weeks ago, I lost my eldest to a heart embolism. About a month before this happened, one of my other females would not leave her side. She snuggled with her, groomed her, followed her around constantly, nuzzled her and curled up to sleep with her. She knew. Cats are so amazing.

I'm sorry you lost one, rarejan. They are amazing, yours had a wonderful relationship.

Thank you Noel. It's been a tough year. I've lost two within 8 months of each other.

Western New York
3,866 Posts
Valued Contributor

ooooh, I'm so sorry . Loving our 4 legged companions is so easy; their leavings create such an empty space.I wrote poems about losing pets.

Honored Contributor

On 2/15/2015 sylviahomeatlast said:
On 2/15/2015 NoelSeven said: One of our girls has never learned to cover up what's in the litter box. She scratches the rim of the box and the side of what is next to it, but covers up nothing. The younger one, now a year old, runs to the litter box when she hears the other kitty in there. She waits politely, and when the other one leaves, she goes in after her and covers up what is left behind. Then she hops out and goes on with her day. We've seen her do that dozens of times or I would not have believed it myself.

That's what Sylvia does. I scoop all day when I pass the litter boxws. They really like one in particular. Two of them "shoot" around the house when they're finished.

Sylvia cleans up after another kitty? I've never ever seen that before and I've had cats all my life. We could hire them out as kitty maids.
Honored Contributor

On 2/15/2015 NoelSeven said:

Thank you Noel. It's been a tough year. I've lost two within 8 months of each other.

Terrible pain, I am so sorry, rarejan. We lost one a little over a year ago, she was 19. I got another one soon after, it helped ease some of the pain.
Frequent Contributor

On 2/15/2015 sylviahomeatlast said:

ooooh, I'm so sorry . Loving our 4 legged companions is so easy; losing them leaves such an empty space.I wrote poems about losing pets.

It sure is tough. I've had as many as 11 that I've taken care of at one time, but I only have the four now. I loved them all and miss them very much.

Western New York
3,866 Posts
Valued Contributor

WE have 3, Sylvia choose us from a shelter, the other were fosters who have claimed us now.

Valued Contributor

kitty perfume...