Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a HOARDING problem?

Not at all - probably the opposite.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kitcat51 wrote:

I just organized my bathroom with bins bought at Dollar Tree & discovered I had 7 bottles of my favorite mouthwash, enough 3 pack of toothbrushes to last for years & 13 large tubes of toothpaste...I'll use them but made a mental note to ✋. Thanks for posting yours @RinaRina

====================================

Exactly why I am NOT renewing my COSTCO membership.

My packs of toothpaste, mouthwash, soap, A-1 Steak Sauce and Worcestershire sauce are going to outlive me.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

I just organized my bathroom with bins bought at Dollar Tree & discovered I had 7 bottles of my favorite mouthwash, enough 3 pack of toothbrushes to last for years & 13 large tubes of toothpaste...I'll use them but made a mental note to ✋. Thanks for posting yours @RinaRina

@kitcat51 Check the dates on the toothpaste and the mouthwash. 

=============================================================

@CelticCrafter  - WHAT!!???? toothpaste and mouthwash have expiration dates???!!!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@on the bay I did love those dogs so much. Corn Dog was the sweetest dog that was ever born. Part Chihuahua, part Boston Terrier & all heart & love!

Dodger, bless his heart, was a Jack Russell & a grumpy old man from the day he was born. During the day. In the evening he just wanted to snuggle in bed with me with his leg stretched out over mine!

I don't think I can ever get another dog. These were the best.

I do have the Grammy clutter, too. Picture OF them. Pictures that they draw. Horrible crafts that they make & that I love! 

And, yes, a collection of jewelry & some makeup but it's clean & organized, so I just enjoy it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KatieB wrote:

Unfortunately, I do.   I'm running out of room in my house.  I've got to get rid of some of this stuff.  

@KatieB 

Do it now before you're forced to do it.

Like @RinaRina said, I also had fifty years of accumulation.  We'd been in our house for 25 years but I had items I'd collected since childhood.

I still had an enormous stuffed Dakin bear I'd had in college, wearing the Cubs T-shirt I'd worn in 1969.

Two items I had no intention of ever parting with.  And then our house burned two years ago.  My library?  My hundreds and hundreds of books?  Antiques?  Art prints?  Sculpture?  Baskets?  Photographs?  

It's not that all those items burned -- the fire was pretty much in the garage -- but the smoke/soot/water damage was extensive.  And the cost of restoring items was prohibitive.  Some things were contaminated and could not be restored; other things were not candidates for restoration because the cost of restoring them was more than the cost of the item.  Explains why I lost most of my books.  That still hurts.

I had to make a lot of decisions about what I wanted to save.  Don't let yourself get into that position.  Make decisions now before you just don't have a choice.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@kitcat51 Check the dates on the toothpaste and the mouthwash. 

=============================================================

@CelticCrafter  - WHAT!!???? toothpaste and mouthwash have expiration dates???!!!

@RinaRina yes, they do.

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse 

I remember you mentioned fairly recently that you were moving, that's always a good time to get rid of things.  Sounds like you're good though about accumulating excess.

Did the move go ok and happy with the new place?  I'll probably never leave Colorado but I always watch other states' house renovation shows to get an idea of what else is out there.  Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

Hair conditioners make great shaving lotion if you don't want to just toss items.  That uses them up pretty fast if you have to shave as often as I do.

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

====================================

Exactly why I am NOT renewing my COSTCO membership.

My packs of toothpaste, mouthwash, soap, A-1 Steak Sauce and Worcestershire sauce are going to outlive me.

I have both a Sam's Club and Costco membership. OH MY! My garage is full.

But I have to have a ready supply of food, beverages and supplies. I never know when someone gets a whim and needs a certain ingredient for a recipe they want to make. Or a beverage they want to try - I have about 12 different cases of flavors of beverages. That are regularly used. The beverages are now taking over my laundry room. And countless snacks both healthy and not so healthy.

Also, the hobbies have taken over the house too. My husband has started hiking. So there are a wide variety of tents, sleeping bags, folding chairs, countless boots and clothes for every occasion. Then we also have an assortment of bikes. I feel like we have a miniature Sporting Goods store. 

I do feel like I am getting overwhelmed with stuff.

Honored Contributor

@Glittergal wrote:

Hair conditioners make great shaving lotion if you don't want to just toss items.  That uses them up pretty fast if you have to shave as often as I do.

@Glittergal 

Similarly, extra body washes can go into pump bottles and be used as hand soap at the sink.

I got through a ridiculous collection myself this way.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~