Valued Contributor

Re: Do you do any personal tracking?

I record in a small daily planner/ephemeris the first night/week when the temp. at midnight drops below 89 degrees, the day when I turn on the heat pump's AC and the day I turn it off and what the indoor and outdoor temps. were that day, first time in "winter" when I can go outside in the morning and see my breath (some years it's been never.) When I first wake up in the morning, I record my resting heart rate and the ambient temp. as measured at the NWS station.

It's also helpful to note when I changed out the heat pump's filter.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   Tracking, just for my being clear, in the journaling, would be like, are you drinking your 8 glasses of water each day for instance.  I do more tracking of weather type of stuff.  Like temp, sun rises, like now, my little meter shows snow and it's snowing at 5 mph out of the East.  That's all it is.  

Honored Contributor

No.

Regular Contributor

This is funny, when I first saw this thread I immediately remembered when I was a child my grandfather and I would walk in the woods behind my grandparents house. There was a creek and we would frequently see animal tracks where the animals had been drinking water. I remember my grandpa would say "that is a possum track" or whatever.  Haha, so have had done tracking in the past, but not the type you mean!

Valued Contributor

I use the Lose It app on my phone to track my water, protein, and carbs. I also use a planner to keep track of my work meetings, appointments, and note things. I also use Outlook for my meetings and appointments. And my iPhone. I guess im a little OCD that way. 🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal  - When I first read the title, I thought you were talking about tracking someone's whereabouts - like placing a tracking device on their car.

To answer your question, I don't do any personal tracking.

Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@qualitygal  - When I first read the title, I thought you were talking about tracking someone's whereabouts - like placing a tracking device on their car.

Ditto! - The only "tracking" I do is when I've ordered something online (LOL) Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Me, too @San Antonio Gal . And I thought are people going to admit that? 😂 

Respected Contributor

I use an app to track the miles I ride each year. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

My husband and I are able to track each other but it's all in the open and for safety reasons.  I also can know when he's on his way home for dinner.  He doesn't have a 9-5 job.  He's a contractor and can come home at any hour.  The app we use is Life360.  Till a few years ago, I could ask Goolge, "where is David?".  It worked with Alexa too but both formats nixed the feature Smiley Sad  You can also use Google Maps.  It was just super handy to just ask rather than reach for your phone and pull up the app.