Honored Contributor

Re: Do you admit when you're wrong?

I can and do, but it depends upon the situation and the individuals involved.

It frosts my butt to apologize when the person or persons involved do their best to not actually accept the apology or tell you they don't accept it - and continue to berate you for being/doing whatever - "giving you a piece of their mind" on and on after you've apologized. Yeah, when it might happen to be apology #2, I might well not bother with that person, as it would seem pointless and just give them a prime ticket to beat me up verbally.

I very much appreciate when I apologize and the other person acknowledges and accepts, and I try to do the same.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I often find myself saying 'Oh, shooot, wrong again!'  Then I laugh, and all is well, ........ 'for the time being'..........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Absolutely!

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey

@Mary Bailey wrote:

My dear departed Dad used to say "I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"

truthfully yes, I admit it.  

My father (who has passed on also) used to say this, too!  Your post made me smile and think of him!!!!  Woman Wink

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  This is my first Fathers's Day without my Dad. 

I used to get him mushy daughter to Dad card, or really funny cards.

This Father's day I got a coffee mug for my brother that says "Thanks Dad I turned out Great"  For Mother's day I got my sisters' a coffee mug that said "Rise and Shine" Dad used to say "Rise and shine, pretty eyes" really loud, if he was awake and we were sleeping. Drove us nuts! LOL

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I  admit when I am wrong.

Respected Contributor

Always! I think it shows a person's strength.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey

Oh, I'm so sorry!  And these occasions really make it hurt worse!  I sure know how you feel.  My dad passed away when I was very young -11.  But I miss him still so very much.  I was a daddy's girl!!!! Your father sounds so similar to mine and had all this quaint, sweet sayings!  My father used to say -- Rise and Shine, sweetie pie -- to me!!!  

Thank goodness we have all these wonderful happy memories.  They will live in our hearts forever!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin