Esteemed Contributor

yRe: Do You Remember When QVC.....

@CJC wrote:

I remember an inexpensive line of clothing called Fashion Formulas, but I think that line was on HSN way back when. 

--------------  

My very first purchase from the Q was a Fashion Formulas outfit...Judy Crowell sold it to me! I had several sets from that line.  Comfy, easy wear, weekend clothes.  Kind of the 1st stage of the current lounge wear style!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Remember When QVC.....

@Effie54 -- I loved Jessica Holbrook clothes.  I purchased them in stores before QVC ever sold them.  I never understood why, but ladies on these forums made fun of the Jessica Holbrook line - and ridiculed anyone who bought Jessica Holbrook.   

I still own a Jessica Holbrook washable suede jacket.  It looks good on me, for one thing.  It washes well and wears like iron.  After about 15 years, it's now starting to show a little wear around the cuffs and button holes.  I wish I had bought it in every color they made!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Stitches in Time - I had tons of those sweaters.

The ones I loved the most though were from a lovely woman from FLorence Italy, Gabriella T. She was a lovely as her sweaters. I still have one, a short sleeve tunic, very colorful. 

I was just talking about Gabriella T! I adored her products. 

Super Contributor

When Jeanne died and her son took over the line was never the same. Now it seems like it's the same 3/4 length t-shirt with a different design. The old pieces were really great quality and so unique but not anymore.

Respected Contributor

I still have a Quacker Factory Sweater from way back--it has a big round moon on the back, then all around the lower part of the sweater are kitties sitting on a wall. You can only see their backs, but each is a different color, and some (maybe all) are textured. There are also embroidered stars. As a cat lover, it was perfect for me. I still pull it out occasionally when I get cold, and wear it around the house. It still looks pretty good!

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@Effie54 -- I loved Jessica Holbrook clothes.  I purchased them in stores before QVC ever sold them.  I never understood why, but ladies on these forums made fun of the Jessica Holbrook line - and ridiculed anyone who bought Jessica Holbrook.   

I still own a Jessica Holbrook washable suede jacket.  It looks good on me, for one thing.  It washes well and wears like iron.  After about 15 years, it's now starting to show a little wear around the cuffs and button holes.  I wish I had bought it in every color they made!

I loved that line too. What's wrong with posters on here who make fun of a line someone enjoyed? Sometimes I see some really wonderful, uplifting, even humorous posts. Then again I see some of the most sarcastic, mean, and judgemental post. I have to wonder what these people are like in real life every day.

Honored Contributor

I still wear my Sports Savvy all the time to work, whatever still fits me. Remember Fashion Formulas ??

Honored Contributor

Lots of great fashion brands from HSN too, Cervelle, Maggie Sweet, Ivana Trump, Terry Lewis Mason, Carolyn Strauss, Brayfair, Lacy Afternoon. 

Honored Contributor

Remember the days when you could get a 2 to 4 piece outfit from Sport Savvy and Denim and Co. 

Valued Contributor

I do remember one male clothing vendor that was so nasty to Suzanne Runyon on air.  It was so painful to watch.  I wanted to slap him through the tv screen.  

It was totally uncalled for and I felt so bad for her.  How she managed to continue on, I will never know.  She showed real professionalism that day unlike the ahole that degraded and offended her.  It may have been the Koos guy since many have remarked here that he was mean to the hosts.