Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Like Your Driver's License Photo?

I have liked some of mine in the past, but I really don't like my current photo at all.  It was taken in July, on a hot, humid there's-no-point-in-doing-anything-with-my-hair day, and - although I knew I wasn't looking my best - I was pretty horrified when I saw it.  Every time I see it now, I cringe.   :-(

Super Contributor

heck no and my passport picture is even worse. Lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I find that if you smile for the picture, it's not likely to look like a mug shot!

We're told not to smile.  Just look into the camera.

The good news is that they usually allow a few takes.  The bad news is that what I ended up with was the best of the bunch, and it's still pretty awful.  This is the first time I've felt this way.  I guess I've been lucky up until now.

Respected Contributor

I love my photo.  It's got to be getting close to ten years old, and I look so young :-)   I will not be happy when I have to get a new one.  It's my Costco card that I saw and thought "Holy $%#, do I look like that?!"

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2        HA HA HA HA HA

Respected Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

I am probably one of ten people that like their driver's license photo.  Mine turned out well.

Me too. My previous picture was really decent and the DMV clerk said she would make sure the next one was too. If the pics don't look like you, they aren't very helpful to the people who check them for identity purposes. Why in this digital age they don't give you a good photo is beyond me. It's so easy to preview and redo.

Honored Contributor

Oddly enough, I liked my last photo????  It's the only one I have ever liked. I think maybe it was the wig I had on "cause" my hair sure looked good that day!!