Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Keep Extra Money In Your House

[ Edited ]

As a previous poster stated, God bless you. She needed $20, you had $20 and she paid you back.

Yes, speak with her daughter. Also, you might want to call the elderly affairs department in your town and/or state. If her daughter doesn't step up they may be able to provide her with help from their department: adult day care, medicaltransport and flex rides, etc.

Again, she's lucky to have a caring neighbor.

Respected Contributor

Yes her daughter should have conservative power of her mothers money and make sure she has some money at her home.Dementia is a hard problem for families.
Trusted Contributor

Yes, divide for emergency & fun

Esteemed Contributor

No, I keep change in a container or two.  And I go to the bank once  a month an get cash to put in my wallet and I split with my hubby for his wallet.  We travel around and often need cash.  

Regular Contributor

We do keep cash in our home. Regarding your situation with your elderly neighbor.... could it be a possiblity she has cash, and is just not aware of where it is, or if she has it at all? While it is good to help your neighbor, perhaps talking it over with her daughter will help enlighten the situation. It's okay to spring for a small amount of money, but it really adds up. We are now retired, and watching our money. You just don't know what your situation will be in the future. Take care of yourself, and talk to her daughter. 

Regular Contributor

I like this challenge. I might begin this tomorrow. It seems sort of painless, and then you have some found money.