Esteemed Contributor

And don't forget that Scarlett O'Hara does it in Gone With the Wind, but it is mostly retching.

Valued Contributor

The super bowl commercial that showed people drinking big clumps of curdled milk almost made me gag. What were they thinking? 

Respected Contributor

Recent movies  seem to have a going to the bathroom scene, woman urinating with door open, someone wiping themselves. TMI

Honored Contributor

Re: Disgusting!!

[ Edited ]

I agree, glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.  I guess now, I've seen everything.  I turn away or shut my eyes a the slightest chance someone in a show is going to do that.  

Even worse to me, is the tobacco spitters, geez, barf city.

Honored Contributor

There’s a bathroom scene in Dumb and Dumber.

I don’t get it.

Honored Contributor

Reality TV, I suppose.

It's just not on TV.  People pass gas in public, burp loudly with their mouth open and blow their nose at the table.

We have become a nation with poor manners.  Of course, I have seen the same and worse abroad.

Honored Contributor

WHAT television shows do you watch????

WHO do you subscribe to on social media????

I have never once seen this.

And I’m V.E.R.Y active on social media.

Bottom line....it’s the company you keep.

I don’t subscribe to creepy sites and don’t watch single digit TV,

so....non issue.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

WHAT television shows do you watch????

WHO do you subscribe to on social media????

I have never once seen this.

And I’m V.E.R.Y active on social media.

Bottom line....it’s the company you keep.

I don’t subscribe to creepy sites and don’t watch single digit TV,

so....non issue.

@sidsmom.  I haven’t seen it either, although I did see Scarlett O’Hara as another poster mentioned. Didn’t really find that distasteful.

Esteemed Contributor

Even Big Bang Theory has had vomit scenes, or at least implied vomit scenes with just the sounds. I don't get it either, but in movies I think it began with the Exorcist. I have had a lifelong phobia of vomiting or seeing someone else vomit. I have done anything and everything to avoid it myself, and as a teacher, I had close calls with kids, but thankfully didn't ever have anyone throw up in my class. Lord knows what I would have done if that had happened. Fortunately, I taught high school freshmen, and they were old enough not to want to be embarrassed by doing that in front of their peers. I always gave them the vomit talk the first day of school. I said, if you feel ill, do NOT wait to get my attention with your hand raised, just run to the bathroom. I'll ask questions later.

Honored Contributor

Saw it on The Resident, a medical show. Gross, but not inappropriate considering the subject matter.