Esteemed Contributor

Disgusted with UPS and USPS

[ Edited ]

Boxes from UPS looks like someone was playing toss the box.  Today I go to my mailbox and there is a package shoved in so tight, I could not get it out.  I had to come back home, and get a knife and cut the box out of my mailbox.  Worst part is we have large boxes at the end , that if a package is too big they put it in there, then put the key into your small box.  All boxes were empty and I have never seen them all full unless it is Christmas. Last week I had an angel delivered by UPS that was smashed to pieces!

It is a shame what we have to pay for postage and then have our packages delivered like this?  I called them and chewed them out.   ARGH!

Honored Contributor

Re: Disgusted with UPS and USPS

ITA!

I ordered a $200 necklace as a gift from another channel.  After six days, UPS transferred it to the post office where it has now been for THREE DAYS and no entry for today.  I have no idea where it is now, certainly not here.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We are spoiled. Our mail service and UPS service is excellent. Love them both. I'm in the Midwest. My mother lived in Houston, Texas, for years and, among many things that were not great there, she had terrible and unreliable mail service. I never knew if cards I sent would get to her. Her magazines arrived dog eared and local shoppers and other advertising arrived late with coupons cut out! Mail often went to neighbor's' homes. Yikes. 

Honored Contributor

I too live where we have gangboxes. Our postman always uses the packages boxes as he should.If you postman is not using them and instead cramming stuff into the letter box you should call the postmaster and ask him to fix this.

Honored Contributor

There are no package boxes in SF

Esteemed Contributor

To add insult to injury UPS just announced what has become their annual 5% increase that will go into effect December 26th.  However, I expect some places to increase their prices (perhaps that is why Q's prices went up by fifty cents) well in advance of the actual increase.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

That's just terrible and I feel the same way! Worst is the USPS so I try to pay extra to send items by UPS. I get different neighbors mail almost everyday. They get my mail. I had boxes "lost" or said delivered when I am home and get no box! I get my neighbors boxes. It never ends although I have complained many times.

Respected Contributor

Believe me, You are not alone. 

Esteemed Contributor

@151949   I did call them and chewed them out.  I have lived here for 13 years and never had a package delivered like that.   They apologized.   I said pretty bad when you have to come home, and get a butcher knife to cut your package out of the mailbox.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp   Boy that takes nerve. Then they need to offer us better service with price hike.   I have never had packages delivered like this.