Honored Contributor

Re: Disgusted with UPS and USPS

We have had a great mailman for years.  He carries all packages directly to us and puts them in our hands.  He also hides them if no one is home.  He never missed a trick.  Unfortunately he is off sick for quite awhile and we have some lazy person in his place.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7  Same here.  We had a great mailman.  Haven't seen him lately.  I wonderif Q has any Butcher knives for sale?  I think I dulled mine cutting my package out!   LOL

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe

A good butcher knife isn't cheap, either.  Maybe you can get it sharpened professionally.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I had the same problem this week with UPS.  A QVC box with a Dooney bag inside looked like it had been through a hurricane - torn and coming apart. Fortunately, the handbag was not damaged.  I asked my UPS guy, Joe, what happened to the box.  Oh, he said, "it was at the bottom of the pile and the weight of the boxes on top must have crushed it!"  He said he was sorry, but he didn't pack the truck!

Regular Contributor

My issue is that the UPS transfer to USPS.  They have already lost one package.  Now, I have a second package that seems to be lost and the transfer has not occurred since the 28th of Aug.  and they are still waiting for it to arrive.  And the most ironic thing is...the origination is less than 1.5 hours from me.  Go figure!

I could have picked it up myself!

Why can't UPS just deliver it from pick up to desitnation?  Or USPS deliver it from pickup to destination?  

Esteemed Contributor

@stellabystarlight   That same thing happened to me also with a Dooney Bag.  Mine was also very dirty.  My bag was okay, but it is a shame that a 300.00 item is tossed around like that!

Esteemed Contributor

Until recently, I have had no problem receiving my packages.  They are either in the mailbox or on the porch.  We seem to have a new UPS driver and he is putting packages partially in front of the garage doors.  While I do have an alert on my car, some of the packages are too small for the alert to sound.  I drove over part of a package just the other day and would not have noticed it if our dogs had not raced out of the garage.  Luckily, there was no damage but I am just waiting for something to break.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyTwoLoves   I agree but I don't know why it has to change hands,  like it does now.  I have lost a few things as well.  Nothing of great value, but it is a pain. They won't send a second one out till EDD passes,  and if it is something you want, you have to wait. 

Honored Contributor

@MyTwoLoves wrote:

My issue is that the UPS transfer to USPS.  They have already lost one package.  Now, I have a second package that seems to be lost and the transfer has not occurred since the 28th of Aug.  and they are still waiting for it to arrive.  And the most ironic thing is...the origination is less than 1.5 hours from me.  Go figure!

I could have picked it up myself!

Why can't UPS just deliver it from pick up to desitnation?  Or USPS deliver it from pickup to destination?  

You know what's crazy @MyTwoLoves? When my packages are handed over from USPS to UPS not only is the UPS facility about ten miles away but both businesses are across the street from one another! I call that crazy!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

My mail lady puts the mail in the mailbox first, then crams bags or boxes next.  The mail looks like an accordion and the contents of the bags are wrinkled.  One time she put the box in first and kept pushing until it popped the rear door of the mailbox. Everyone driving by could see a half a box hanging out the back.  If she has to bring it to the porch, she won't put it on the side the storm door opens.  I have to go out, shut the door, pick it up.  It's not major, just annoying.