Respected Contributor

Re: Discover Card Free Monitoring Through Experian

Question: Have any of you who've signed up for this monitoring also frozen your credit with Experian, either before or after? 

Just wondering how this monitoring could work if you'd locked the Experian account.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Discover Card Free Monitoring Through Experion

@Pearlee Thank You 😊!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

the only time i get emails from discover is when my payment is due, when my payment has been credited to my account, and for their special cash back bonus offers that run every three months. i have my contact settings set for these.

@sunshine45 I think Pook's point was that Discover was going to share our email addys with businesses they'll sell it to.  I didn't see in the terms of the monitoring that I was agreeing to Discover doing that.   The privacy provision in the terms states as follows:  

Privacy

Please see Discover Card's Privacy Policy (website was given for Discover's Privacy Policy which I deleted for this post)

Since - like you -  I have not been spammed by emails thus far and I've been under Discover's Privacy Policy for years and years, I'm really not concerned about what Pook pointed out.
Honored Contributor

here is a link to discovers privacy policy....revised 9/17

https://www.discover.com/privacy-statement/pdf/DiscoverCardPrivacyPolicy.pdf?0917

To limit our sharing?

Call 1-800-225-5202 – our menu will prompt you through your choices

Please note:
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.

However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.

Questions?

Call 1-800-347-2683

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I do not have a discover card but since the monitoring is free I say why not.  I would never pay for these services because as I understand it they alert you after the fact and that's where their services end.  It's like closing the barn door after the horse has left.  On the plus side they may alert you before you may notice any breaches.  I'm not so much concerned about credit card charges as I am about my social security number being out there and my investment accounts and bank accounts.  I am not held liable for unauthorized charges on my credit card.  

Honored Contributor

I signed up for it also, about two weeks again. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?