QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be deemed political.

Respected Contributor

is it any wonder they're fast tracking the missions to Mars? 

And dosen't is seem like after all the ****** we've done to mother Earth that she's running a fever to get rid of her infection?

Honored Contributor

Re: Disaster strikes again

[ Edited ]

And if a scientist began to believe that the prevailing theory may be incorrect, how would he or she be treated? Think about it. Probably a lot like this with their reputation discredited and hard up for funding. It is in everyone's best interest to make sure it's okay for someone anyone to say we know more now and the theory needs to change. Don't blindly follow the cause celeb of the decade. Understand everyone's motivation and agendas. Open eyes and minds both ways is truly my only point here.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:
And if a scientist began to believe that the prevailing theory may be incorrect, how would he or she be treated? Think about it. Probably a lot like this with their reputation discredited and hard up for funding. It is in everyone's best interest to make sure it's okay for someone anyone to say we know more now and the theory needs to change. Don't blindly follow the cause celeb of the decade and understand everyone's motivation and agendas. Open eyes and minds both ways is truly my only point here.

@Laura14

3% of scientists in the field already have disagreed and it seems they are still alive and kicking and continuing their work.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:
And if a scientist began to believe that the prevailing theory may be incorrect, how would he or she be treated? Think about it. Probably a lot like this with their reputation discredited and hard up for funding. It is in everyone's best interest to make sure it's okay for someone anyone to say we know more now and the theory needs to change. Don't blindly follow the cause celeb of the decade and understand everyone's motivation and agendas. Open eyes and minds both ways is truly my only point here.

@Laura14

3% of scientists in the field already have disagreed and it seems they are still alive and kicking and continuing their work.

@Noel7  If you and I are still alive you can apologize to them and me when the theory is revised as we all learn even more about our planet and how it works.  Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

And yet we never hear any of this in all the years we don't have natural disasters so close together.  

Worry not.  When someone upstairs wants you, they'll take you even if a house has to fall on you to do it.    

@Laura14Wrong.

Plenty of discussions/symposia/programs on reputable stations/etc. through the decades. 

Even on this forum from time to time we have had numerous discussions regarding climate change/global warming.

It's just more stifled now.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The Earth is getting too hot, causing earthquakes and extreme weather. Scientists say volcanoes will be part of this disastrous chain of events and this could mean really bad consequences. Volcanic ash in the atmosphere will make the Earth even hotter by keeping in the heat. Am I worried?...yes

Actually the ash blocks the sun light and has a cooling effect, but carry on.

@CrazyDaisy  Depends on the type/quantity of gas released and size of droplets.

Volcanic ash can cause a "greenhouse" effect depending upon those factors.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

And yet we never hear any of this in all the years we don't have natural disasters so close together.  

Worry not.  When someone upstairs wants you, they'll take you even if a house has to fall on you to do it.    

I am not sure that is always the case,i use to think that but now question it.

@goldensrbest  I personally believe scientist take their best guess but it's still a guess.  The longer I live, the more I see them change their mind about stuff they were so certain about years before.  Ooops.  Smiley Very Happy

@Laura14  Do you have specific scientists in mind who have flip-flopped on the issue?

If not, your point is........pointless.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

The point scientists are making and why it is being talked about is because these events are occurring now like never before.

In the program I watched, they said scientists have been keeping track of temps since the late 1800's.  I believe 1880 but I'm not 100% on that year.  8 of of the hottest years on record have occurred over the last 10 years.    

@Lipstickdiva  With all due respect to the scientific community, having been through a hurricane, when someone tells me they have Mother Nature all figured out, two initials B and S come to mind.  

They can have nice temp records but extrapolating that into cause and effect of complex weather patterns is a bit of a stretch for me.  They can't even tell me if it's going to rain outside my house with complete certainity on any given day.  Do that first and then I'll believe they have the bigger stuff figured out as well.    

Doing something else first will make it too late to have much of an effect.

The tipping point has already come, faster than anticipated.

@Noel7  I mentioned (last week?) in response to a poster who kept saying that scientist were being proven wrong-yet Stephen Hawking just gave a symposium in July and said that we are getting to the point of no return.

I asked if he had been proven "wrong" but the crickets took over.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14

@Noel7  If you and I are still alive you can apologize to them and me when the theory is revised as we all learn even more about our planet and how it works.  Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

I think we are learning now @Laura14. Unfortunately it took most too long to pay attention. 

Have a good evening 🙂 🌛