Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Disaster strikes again

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

And yet we never hear any of this in all the years we don't have natural disasters so close together.  

 

Worry not.  When someone upstairs wants you, they'll take you even if a house has to fall on you to do it.    


I am not sure that is always the case,i use to think that but now question it.


@goldensrbest  I personally believe scientist take their best guess but it's still a guess.  The longer I live, the more I see them change their mind about stuff they were so certain about years before.  Ooops.  Smiley Very Happy

 

 


 

 

It's not a guess, there is too much evidence.  The only guess was if the cause was man made or not, and now even that is no longer a guess. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,714
Registered: ‎06-09-2014

Re: Disaster strikes again

[ Edited ]

@Noel7  I disagree.  The whole premise of scientific theory is repeated confirmed results.  They need to keep repeating to confirm.  It's waaay too soon to say with any certainty this is it for all time.

 

Lest we forget:

 

Eggs are no longer a death food for the heart.  

Whole milk can and does make people sick especially as they age and might not do a body good.  

The earth is not flat.  

Witches do not really exist in Salem or anywhere else.

 

Etc, etc, etc...

 

Our generation needs to get over themselves and their supposed facts.  We are all learning just like the generations before us did.  Some were proved right and some were proved wrong and the wrong is a lot more abundant than the right as it should be when you are still learning which I believe we are.    

 

 

 

 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Posts: 205
Registered: ‎07-04-2015

Temperatures are cyclical, nothing new.

 

I would like to blame this on old Mother Nature, but I think those "who are aware" know the real reason for these disasters.   

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,739
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

The rise in the Earth's temperature has risen significantly since the start of the industrial revolution. Coincidence? I think not. This time around global warming IS something humans have caused. I refuse to believe anything else anyone tries to tell me.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Laura14 wrote:

@Noel7  I disagree.  The whole premise of scientific theory is repeated confirmed results.  They need to keep repeating to confirm.  It's waaay too soon to say with any certainty this is it for all time.

 

Lest we forget:

 

Eggs are no longer a death food for the heart.  

Whole milk can and does make people sick especially as they age.  

The earth is not flat.  

Witches do not really exist in Salem or anywhere else.

 

Etc, etc, etc...

 

Our generation needs to get over themselves and their supposed facts.  We are all learning just like the generations before us did.  Some were proved right and some were proved wrong and the wrong is a lot more abundant than the right as it should be when you are still learning which I believe we are.    

 

 

 

 


@Laura14

 

I've been in science all my life.  From research to test and measurement.The confirmation of global warming has already been made and accepted.  Our oceans have been warming for years, and that's based on years of following and recording temps of the world's oceans for a long time, and the resulting killing off of some sea life already.  

 

97% of scientists in the field already agree.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@SilleeMee wrote:

The rise in the Earth's temperature has risen significantly since the start of the industrial revolution. Coincidence? I think not. This time around global warming IS something humans have caused. I refuse to believe anything else anyone tries to tell me.


@SilleeMee

 

Most of the world is with you, and me.  We are the only country in what is referred to as the western world who have a significant number of climate deniers.  

 

Luckily, a group of American states have formed a coalition to continue on with Paris.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,714
Registered: ‎06-09-2014

Re: Disaster strikes again

[ Edited ]

@Noel7  I believe the temperature records. I do not believe they are the cause of a lot of hurricanes in one year.  

 

Think about it.  If that was absolutely true, FL would be run over every year not just every 8-10.  

 

I am not leaving my common sense at the door just because someone with a science degree says I should.  PROVE IT and I'll jump on board.  They won't do it in my lifetime.

 

The scientists can't because they don't have enough data over enough time to say with certainty why some years are more active with storms than others.  

 

And never forget the other person's agenda.  Scientists do nothing without grant money.  They get a lot of it when people get whipped up on an idea that shows promise like global warming theories.  

 

By the way, didn't the MIdwest have one of its coldest winters ever two years ago?  I notice this conversation never comes up during harsh winters or less active storm seasons.  And that's my point.  No one really knows and a good scientist should be man or woman enough to say it.     

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,581
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@SilleeMee wrote:

The rise in the Earth's temperature has risen significantly since the start of the industrial revolution. Coincidence? I think not. This time around global warming IS something humans have caused. I refuse to believe anything else anyone tries to tell me.


Anything that releases carbon dioxide increases the earths temp because it's a greenhouse gas.  So all the machines, etc. that have helped us so much are also hurting us.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,480
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@BreezeHill wrote:

Temperatures are cyclical, nothing new.

 

I would like to blame this on old Mother Nature, but I think those "who are aware" know the real reason for these disasters.   


"Aware" of what?    

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Laura14 wrote:

@Noel7  I believe the temperature records. I do not believe they are the cause of a lot of hurricanes in one year.  

 

Think about it.  If that was absolutely true, FL would be run over every year not just every 8-10.  

 

I am not leaving my common sense at the door just because someone with a science degree says I should.  PROVE IT and I'll jump on board.  They won't do it in my lifetime.

 

The scientists can't because they don't have enough data over enough time to say with certainty why some years are more active with storms than others.  

 

And never forget the other person's agenda.  Scientists do nothing without grant money.  They get a lot of it when people get whipped up on an idea that shows promise like global warming theories.  

 

By the way, didn't the MIdwest have one of its coldest winters ever two years ago?  I notice this conversation never comes up during harsh winters or less active storm seasons.  And that's my point.  No one really knows.     


It's already been proven @Laura14

 

It's your right not to believe.  There are still people who believe the world is flat.  Really, they have an online website.

 

No one is forcing either one of us to believe anything.  Luckily., many, many good people around the world are already working on ways to help.  The advances are paid for by corporations and investors, not taxpayers.