Esteemed Contributor

Re: Disappointing QVC Customer Service

@Burnsite wrote:

Hi, everyone,  Several weeks ago I came home from a visit to family in Mass. and found that my house had been broken into.  Broken glass everywhere.  The cats are all right, thank goodness.  And stuff is just stuff.

But lots of stuff was stolen, including my jewelry.

The next day I phoned QVC, having noticed that my order history goes back only 6 years.  I need to reconstitute the purchases to file an insurance claim and to help the police. They already have a suspect in custody (for forging one of my stolen checks) but have not found any jewelry.

I have been shopping on QVC since the mid to late 1990s, and purchased most of my gold jewelry from them back when gold was less costly. The CS rep I first spoke to in mid-June informed me that QVC would send a list of my jewelry purchases over the years but that it would take about 7-10 business days.  I called yesterday when I never did receive this listing.

The next CS person told me that there was a note on my account that those lists of items are NOT provided for customers anymore.  When I asked to speak to a CS supervisor, I was told none was available.  When I called the President's office I was told to leave a message.

Today, a supervisor did call me back and told me all my purchases could be accessed online.  This is not the case.  My purchase records stop in 2010 0r 2011.

My task today was just to find out how to access all my orders.  I can do the research myself if I can find the archive. 

The CS rep I spoke with today told me three times that I had not purchased anything on QVC before the last entry she could see, a return in 2009.  When I repeated the voice mail message of the supervisor, that all my records should be available, she simply repeated that I made no purchases before 2009.

I have an interview with a detective tomorrow that I have been putting off.  No one at QVC is taking calls except for orders.  Four call back requests have not produced a call back. (I did receive a voice mail from a CS supervisor, but if I had had a chance to speak with her, I might have been able to clear this up--because I have another ten years of earlier business with the company, when gold was cheaper. These are the bulk of my jewelry orders and it is these I cannot access online.)

I have a lawyer in my circle of friends and will have to ask him if a subpoena might work.  The police are trying to connect the check-casher to me (via items) to establish a charge of grand theft. 

The attitude of the CS people really is irritating. Just at a time when I will be looking to replace some of the lost items of gold, they are getting on my last nerve.

Especially disappointed at the almost robotic repetition of the (wrong) info about my account starting in 2009 or 2010.  I have been posting on this forum since 1999 and shopped at QVC for a few years before I found the forums.  

Is there a way for you to get info on these older purchases w/o QVC?  For instance, a credit card?  Bank Statements?  You may run into the same time barred information, but is it worth a try?  Sorry to hear of your dilemma.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Not only did they cut off the purchase history at a certain year, the farther back you go, the more iffy it becomes.  The list becomes incomplete when you go back more than a couple of years.  Most of these CS people havent been around as long as we have, and many don't know what they are talking about.  

Also, a supervisor should be available at all times.

If you have a Q card, and save your statements for years, you should be able to weed through them to compose a list of jewelry purchases.  Just a suggestion.

@faeriemoon

that is one good reason it pays to have a Q card.....will definitely remember this next time someone asks what one of the advantages are.  i know i use it because it is easier to track purchases and returns and easy pay payments/charges.

@Burnsite

can you go and track your purchases through your own credit card or debit card or checking account that you may have used? i am sure it will be time consuming though.

i noticed a while back......at least a year ago or more..... that my purchases only go back to around 2010.......and even going through them i noticed items missing. my guess is is that they are no longer maintaining these records for more than maybe five years at the most.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The Q card from the 1990s is not the same Q card they have today.

As much as I hate to say it, I cannot imagine they still have records of our purchases from 20 years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

The Q card from the 1990s is not the same Q card they have today.

As much as I hate to say it, I cannot imagine they still have records of our purchases from 20 years ago.

That's what I'm thinking.

It's entirely possible that the records from 20+ years ago, may not even exist anymore.

Honored Contributor

If you had that much gold jewelry or expensive items.....you should have put them on your homeowners insurance policy. I think you are blaming QVC for your mistake of not insuring your jewelry.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, everyone,

Update:  It was the old membership number that was needed--thanks everyone for the kind advice.

Julie at the President's office called me back just now and will be helping me out with this.  I explained that the police had asked for the detailed list because all they have right now is a check of mine he forged for a small amount.  I much appreciate the support.

ETA: Seamaiden, My jewelry is insured.  This info is needed by the police, or so the police have told me.

Esteemed Contributor

I keep receipts for jewelry purchases over $100.00 I am surprised to discover that other people do not.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

If you had that much gold jewelry or expensive items.....you should have put them on your homeowners insurance policy. I think you are blaming QVC for your mistake of not insuring your jewelry.

@SeaMaiden telling Burnsite what she SHOULD HAVE done is not helpful to her. Why would you want to kick her when she's down?

Not nice. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Oh my goodness @Burnsite!  I am so sorry to hear this.  I don't have any suggestions to add, but do want to give you a cyber hug and wish you well.  I will keep my fingers crossed that things work out and you get the information necessary for the detective.  (((((Burnsite))))

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another good idea is to keep a photo of your jewelry, which can help identify it.  This helped a relative when he found his stolen items at a pawn shop.

i wonder if anyone has their jewelry appraised?  With the change in the price of gold, that gold bracelet bought here years ago could be worth quite a bit now.