Honored Contributor

Re: Departed loved ones

[ Edited ]

And by the way ,yes there are demons, i saw one before my son had his last operation , the one which he died,it was a warning from GOD, very scary!!I i call it a demon,because i don't know what else to call it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten@zitawins

As zitawins mentioned, there is the communion of saints which includes those souls who have attained heaven, those in Purgatory awaiting heaven, and the souls still on earth.

So it is not unusual where there is a strong bond of love to have some type of communication. The story of the stopped watch reminded of the day after I had sold my parents' home.

We headed straight to our mountain place and found that the furnace had gone out. Got it started and went out to dinner. Exhausted, we went straight to bed. When I finally got up next morning, I had my tea in the great room as I watched TV. The little watch face that was by my chair had stopped at 12:19.

When I went in to get dressed, I saw my wrist watch had also stopped but at 8:23. Eerie feeling: this was my mother's birthday and the December date was my favorite aunt's birthday. I know it was a message that they were happy with what I had done.

My aunt has sent me gifts: a rhododendron that bloomed in mid-November on my birthday when I was missing her most and the call that would never come again. A music box that she gave me played the entire piece of music as I picked it up.

So many things..... Be thankful for your gifts. Sometimes visits are simple requests for prayers.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgottenWe absolutely get visits from loved ones who have left us. Animal and human. I've experienced it with no doubt. They are things that are forgettable to me.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Re: Departed loved ones

[ Edited ]

~And we know, that all things come together for good, for those who love God, & are called according to His purpose.

This is just me! .... This is one of my "yardsticks" as to whether my thoughts, dreams, sightings, are of Him.

Valued Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten

I absolutely believe

There have been many instances, mostly a chilly breeze when I'm home and no windows are open, or a certain familiar smell and I always feel some sense of serenity.

When my Mother passed and I was emptying her apartment, I pulled my keys out of my pocket and a key fell off the ring and hit the ground. It was her key. In the 30 years of using that key ring, that's the only key that fell off by itself. I feel it was Mom's way of telling me to move on.

The most unsettling thing happened about a week later. Mom and I always said goodnight around 11:00 p.m. every night. The phone rang at 11. I answered knowing it wasn't her, but there was all this static and I swear I heard her voice and then the line went dead. It never happened again, but I do believe they are looking out for me.

Honored Contributor

Have never experienced any person (or animal) reaching out to me. The only thing that scares me is having a light bulb burn out. That's because I walked into our house and turned on a light, only to hear a loud pop and have the bulb burn out. I learned that was the precise moment a loved one passed. So now when I flip a switch and a bulb burns out, I'm fearful that someone died.

Respected Contributor

I believe in signs. If you are open to them you will be surprised how many there are.

Super Contributor
After my beloved aunt passed away I was at her house cleaning it out. My aunt never had children so she was a second mother to me. I was in the laundry room, a separate area off the kitchen porch. I heard her voice call, "Pixie!". I answered, "Yes, Nana". So naturally, without hesitation. I know I heard her and sat there crying . I was alone at the house.
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgottenTreasure your beautiful experiences. How wonderful that you have had a positive loving mother-in-law and kitty in your life. It has nothing to do with anything negative...it is an honor of remembrance of those who have transitioned. Thank you for your lovely share.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbestI am so sorry for the loss of your son. Such a painful experience to lose your child. I hope that the cherished memories comfort you.