Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Pretty or plain, I didn't know you're supposed to leave your denture case out for public display.  Most people don't want to advertise that they wear dentures and tuck the case away in a cabinet or drawer.  It should be a private thing.

I guess you could glue rhinestones or silk flowers on it and make it suitable for your coffee table.

HAHA!!   My thoughts exactly.  If I wore dentures and had visitors, I'd probably have my teeth "in."   So tucking the container away until they leave shouldn't be a big deal.   Thankfully, I don't have to deal with that. 

Valued Contributor
I think caroln242 probably does keep her teeth in when guests are over. I don’t think guests are the reason she wants an attractive holder. IMO, I think she wants to keep the denture holder conveniently out on the bathroom sink counter, whether her dentures are in or out.

I’d do the same if I had dentures. I wouldn’t want to have to keep taking a water filled container in and out of my medicine cabinet. Besides, the containers are ugly.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   What do you mean denture cases are not waterproof?  The ones I've seen are just a hunk of plastic and if course they're waterproof.  The whole concept of fancy, decorated denture holders struck me as hysterical.

I think you're spending too much time here.  You've totally lost your sense of humor.  Until you regain it, please skip my posts.  I'm tired of your unauthorized reprimands.  I used to really enjoy you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Denture cases

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

What I mean is that the lids are not tight, so removing them from a drawer/cabinet can lead to accidental spillage.

I guess leakproof is what I meant.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   The lid on mine is very tight and waterproof.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Search for retainer and mouth guard boxes on Etsy. I just looked. There are some cute ones. The millennials and zoomers are getting invisalign these days so they want "aesthetic" blingy containers to keep them in.

Decorated Mouth Guard Mouthguard Dental Invisalign or image 0

And don't let anyone here get you down, @caroln242. You have every right to want a cute denture case just like you'd want a cute container for anything else. It isn't about showing off for guests. It's about enjoying nice things.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

I so appreciate the posters here who get what I'm talking about!  It's so much more pleasant to look at something pretty on your counter instead of something ugly that you hate.  I remember my mom, back in the fifties when it was a popular thing, had one of those old fashioned vanities where she put on her make up, etc.  She had beautiful perfume bottles on it, one of those elegant hand mirrors, jewelry box, etc....and then that ugly denture case!   I guess seeing all that during my childhood influenced the way I think today.    (Sorry, just a bit of nostalgia)

I know a lot of people are of a more practical nature and think it's silly, but we are what we are.  I can appreciate practicality though, and hope my post didn't cause any hard feelings.   I was just wishing some company would get enlightened and make some changes to this product.

After giving it a little thought as to why denture cases have always been so ugly, it suddently dawned on me that they were probably designed by ...dare I say it ... men.

A woman would never design anything like that!  Woman Wink

Man plans. God laughs.
Trusted Contributor

@caroln242 And I remember my grandfather putting his dentures in a drinking glass besides his bed.  Now that was ugly. :-).  

Esteemed Contributor

I believe that dentures should be left on the bathroom vanity in a beautiful designer case along with the perfume bottles and everything else.

@caroln242  seems to like beautiful things. The dentures would be in her mouth when she has guest. That might be her own private bathroom. A guest has no right to enter and ask what is this beautiful case used for?

@caroln242  post a picture of the case you decided to use.

Super Contributor

@chlema wrote:

@caroln242 And I remember my grandfather putting his dentures in a drinking glass besides his bed.  Now that was ugly. :-).  

Ha!  That's a good one!  Yeah, that beats the ugly plastic case!  Smiley Very Happy

Man plans. God laughs.