Honored Contributor

I'm a bit confused.... I'm having a molar pulled tomorrow (my first tooth extraction and I'm dreading it!!) and I plan on eventually getting an implant to replace it. 

Those of you who mention implants and cases are not making sense to me.  I thought implants were permanent and don't need a case....?

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9  I thought about that too. I thought Implants and Dental implants were permanent. Only dentures are removable. Maybe someone could explain.

@haddon9 wrote:

I'm a bit confused.... I'm having a molar pulled tomorrow (my first tooth extraction and I'm dreading it!!) and I plan on eventually getting an implant to replace it. 

Those of you who mention implants and cases are not making sense to me.  I thought implants were permanent and don't need a case....?

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@haddon9  I thought about that too. I thought Implants and Dental implants were permanent. Only dentures are removable. Maybe someone could explain.

@haddon9 wrote:

@Sage04   LOL!  Glad to know I'm not the only one! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@Sage04   LOL!  Glad to know I'm not the only one! Smiley Happy

@haddon9 @Sage04  Implants are permanent. At least mine are. 

Honored Contributor

My husband's implants are not permanent- he chose to go with snap in.  So yes we have denture cases. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

My husband's implants are not permanent- he chose to go with snap in.  So yes we have denture cases. 

@Suziepeach  Interesting, I didn't know this. Does he have titanium posts in his jaw to hold in the tooth?

Honored Contributor

Re: Denture cases

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

@Suziepeach  Interesting, I didn't know this. Does he have titanium posts in his jaw to hold in the tooth?

@proudlyfromNJ he has 4 titanium posts in his lower and upper jaw..  he has a love hate relationship with wearing them but he had no choice...  

See the source image

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ he has 4 titanium posts in his lower and upper jaw..  he has a love hate relationship with wearing them but he had no choice...  

@Suziepeach  So does the titanium post come out or just the teeth attached to them?

Honored Contributor

Re: Denture cases

[ Edited ]

The posts stay in, the upper snaps on to the bottom... he can have the posts replaced too if need be.

@proudlyfromNJ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewNDa4WzUrM

Go VOLS
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach  That makes sense. My periodontist did the screws and regular dentist put in the teeth. I think he he cemented them on.