Honored Contributor

@silkyk now that's pretty...  @caroln242 Amazon has several plain ones but have some like sillkyk posted.  My husband has dental implants and at first I thought the plain ones were horrible but I got used to seeing it in the bathroom and so did he.. now he does have several colors but it does the trick ...  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

A vote for night guard and retainer cases here.

In some old alternative universe the grands and I ate in restaurants often and I had a supply of retainer cases in the car.

Why aren't there more colors and more dishwasher friendly?

I feel for you denture wearers.  Why are they just nasty?

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining my husband's dental implants aren't nasty- he takes very good care of them and sees his dental docs regularly.  I saw some custom dental cases when I did a search or one could just bedazzle one, like a cellphone case.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@caroln242 

There are many people who wonder about the same thing concerning dentures holders.

There should be a larger selection and nicer selection for people to buy.

It was an interesting question and one that one can discuss freely among friends. Do not be sorry you asked your question.

I never saw such a colorful one as the one that was posted and had no idea they made ones looking like that. Wow!

Super Contributor

My mother and my grandmother both had dentures and I grew up looking at those ugly plastic denture cases.  I hated them then and I hate them now.  I see it on my bathroom vanity and I just think "I'm old" and I've turned into my grandmother.  It's a psychological thing that I don't think anyone understands unless you have dentures.  That's why it's important to me to have something pretty to store the dentures in, just so I don't have that soul crushing feeling every time I have to look at it.

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

@caroln242 alot more of us undertand than you think.  I don't have dentures but my husband has implants due to his gums being done in by radiation therapy.  It is a psychological thing but I hated looking at his but knew I had to accept it- it was better than letting his teeth and gums completely rot away..  and it didn't mean he was "old...    Sorry but a case is just that, a case... get yourself several pretty marble ones or find someone that will customize it.

Go VOLS
Esteemed Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

@Still Raining my husband's dental implants aren't nasty- he takes very good care of them and sees his dental docs regularly.  I saw some custom dental cases when I did a search or one could just bedazzle one, like a cellphone case.

Sorry I was not clear.  Most of us do take good care and appreciate our appliances.

I meant the cases were not attractive.  Perhaps nasty was a poor choice of word.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Denture cases

[ Edited ]

@caroln242 , @Suziepeach  made a suggestion. If possible get out your glue gun and decorate any way you like it to be. That would be me. I could turn a plain container into anything I desire.

Or you can use paint and either sponge on different colors or paint it different colors.

23 years ago my four ear old nephew found a rock, I gave him different color paint and he painted it. He calls it Dwayne and every year he celebrates Dwayne´s birthday.  He´s been to different places with my nephew and all his friends have met him. There will never be another rock that looks like Dwayne.

Design a plain case the way you would like it.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

Sorry I was not clear.  Most of us do take good care and appreciate our appliances.

I meant the cases were not attractive.  Perhaps nasty was a poor choice of word.

Awhhhh @Still Raining that's okay, now I understand & thanks!

I think I'd get a hot glue gun and find an old brooch and fancy a case up or find something in retail that would hold dentures and use that, like a pretty jewelry pot or something (I'm so weird).. LOL

Go VOLS
Esteemed Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

Awhhhh @Still Raining that's okay, now I understand & thanks!

I think I'd get a hot glue gun and find an old brooch and fancy a case up or find something in retail that would hold dentures and use that, like a pretty jewelry pot or something (I'm so weird).. LOL

And I want stainless for the dishwasher.  If this board had taught me anything, it is to love differences.  You go with the glue!!! ❤️