Honored Contributor

I read her book many years ago and she discussed her many issues; her weight/looks playing a large role in her depression. She admitted that Hollywood is the worst place to be if this in an issue for someone. 

Social media has taken the hatred/bullying to a different stratosphere, that's for sure.

Her bathing suits are what I remember her selling; I believe they are still available. Excellent quality. She offered them in styles based on your problem issues: stomach, hips, breasts, plus size, etc. I still have a few because they are figure flattering and beautiful.

I hope they are both doing well. : )

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Delta Burke

[ Edited ]

@Grade1Teach wrote:

I just watched the video.  It's very upsetting.

Just goes to show that cyber-bullying has been going on for a long time now...and it's getting worse as the years go on.''

People really need to stop and think about what they are saying, doing, and posting.

Can you post a link to the video? @Grade1Teach

The only video I see is one where she is sitting there quietly......?

Honored Contributor

It's on this thread on the second page.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  That's the one I am talking about. There's no crying.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  That's the one I am talking about. There's no crying.

Oh, didn't see any crying one. Maybe Google you tube delta Burke crying on QVC?

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  I did. That's the only video that comes up, so IDK where they are getting all this about cyber-bullying and her running off the set in tears. 

Shrug....

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  I did. That's the only video that comes up, so IDK where they are getting all this about cyber-bullying and her running off the set in tears. 

Shrug....

There might have been confusion coming from me. I had first posted she ran off and Mary Beth was the host. I then looked it up on YouTube and corrected myself. It was Jill and she did cry but not run off. They went to break after she said she didn't want a break.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

This incident was before my cable company started carrying QVC.........  I liked Delta Burrke and always enjoyed Designing Women (gee where have all the good writers of sitcoms gone).......It was awful the way the media seemed to almost stalk her after her weight gain.........I wish her good health and a good and happy life! 

It seems that the majorityof celebrity lines flop on QVC.......just because a celebrity puts their name on something doesn't mean it will actually entice a customer to make a purchase.....good quality merchandise at a good price is what sells......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right or wrong, I thought I'd throw this into the mix:  I know many shall I say 'curvy' women whose various blood levels (cholesterol, etc.) are normal; and not very many (who I actually know/have known) re: 'slim'/'thin'/'skinny' ones.   There's a theory out there that I'm leaning toward somewhat believing re: not eating enough fats (I should say cholesterol), but I'll leave it for another thread somewhere, sometime, so please disregard.  Please keep in mind:  'Some' (and not all).  ('Funny' that I can't seem to remember how to correctly spell 'cholesterol'. I should keep it written on the palm of my hand, lol.) ............... Edited to say that many, many years ago, I kept away from eggs (more or less) for years and years, and then decided to eat them almost daily and my choles. count dropped a huge amount of points in three months.  96 points drop, but then, it was high to begin with at that time.  For whatever reason, I feel like a million dollars after eating a few eggs here and there.  ..........Well, each and every system is 'different'.   I'm only thinking that some people's systems respond much better with eating some cholesterol, rather than none at all.   We knew, (about thirty years ago or so) one anorexic  person who wouldn't eat much of anything, (just lettuce and veg.) and her count was sky high during that time.  Makes me think that when some (underline 'some') folks don't eat enough fat and/or cholesterol, their body's system makes what is lacking in their diet.  Truth or fiction? I don't know.  Still........one wonders.  ........... Even modern medicine isn't exactly 100 percent sure about every single theory/fact/medication/whatever.  Mainly because we (our bodies/systems) are not all exactly alike.  .... Sorry for all of this rambling.  All in all, what I meant to say, my summary, is that just because someone is 'curvy' or slightly overweight, it doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't healthy and won't live long, healthy lives.   I've known many.  It's remarkable, imo. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Gerald Mcraney And Delta Burke

2017 photo of a lovely couple! She looks beautiful in this....

She does look lovely here!