Honored Contributor

@Double-D  A couple of things:

1) A delivery service can decide to not leave a package at your residence based on how many claims in your area have been filed for "stolen" packages.

2) A vendor (usually a large department store) can decide and instruct a delivery service to not leave a package at your residence for the same reason.

3) You may (not always but I've never had an issue) fill out a form stating you wave your rights to file a claim by not allowing the package to be left at your door without a signature/no answer when the door/bell is knocked/rung. This can be a good and bad thing when you think about it.

I wish we could choose which shipment option to use when checking out at QVC (many vendors do give you an option, btw). I have had to file numerous claims for missing jewelry when scheduled to be delivered by USPS. Just had to do one today, in fact. It's ALWAYS jewelry and nothing cheap that goes "missing". They'll send a $25 t-shirt via UPS with 3-4 days delivery but they'll send $1000 worth of jewelry through the USPS and give it 3 weeks until a report can be filed. SMH.

Respected Contributor

@Double-D wrote:

I get deliveries from QVC numerous times a week from UPS & USPS.  Most of times UPS delivers before I get home from work.  Yesterday there was a note on my door from UPS saying they would not leave packages because I wasn't home.  I can pick them up later at their store nearby or for $5, they will make another attempt to deliver.  The same thing happened with USPS several months ago and it was explained to me that some drivers will not take chance of leaving packages when no one is home due to theft.  It took another week for me to get my packages from USPS.  I am not happy.

I would trust your drivers as they know the area better than any resident would as they see first hand what is going on especially if they're being followed by someone with the intention to steal packages that are left on the ground when the homeowner is at work all day.