Respected Contributor

Can someone please tell me what this is? ( Green Vegetable)

20170830_175756.jpeg

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Re: Can someone please tell me what this is? ( Green Vegetable)

it appears to be chinese cabbage

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bok Choy, Chinese cabbage.

Just cut across in 1/4 in wide slices, the white as well as the leaves and add to stir fry.  Very nice crunch.  Mild flavor.  

Nutritional Profile. Bok choy is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), potassium, folate, vitamin B6, calcium and manganese.

Other vitamins and minerals include phosphoruszinc,sodiumcopper, manganese, selenium, niacin, folate,cholinebeta-carotene, and vitamin K. Bok choy ranks sixth on the Aggregate Nutrient Density Index (ANDI) for fruits and vegetables.

We love it.Smiley Happy

Contributor

It is Bok Choy (not sure if I spelled it correctly), it is delishies!  It is usually steamed & it is a Chinese vegetable 🥒......served with Chinese food!  

Honored Contributor

Bok Choy...and it tastes nasty! 

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Bok Choy. Very mild-tasting. Love it!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Everyone is right, I love Bok Choy, especially baby bok choy.  Asian markets in SF sell it fresh picked, very inexpensive. 

It can be fixed many ways, just look for recipes online. It's also high in vitamins A and C.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Everyone is right, I love Bok Choy, especially baby bok choy.  Asian markets in SF sell it fresh picked, very inexpensive. 

It can be fixed many ways, just look for recipes online. It's also high in vitamins A and C.

I especially love it in stir frys and used in place of celery. I've never been a celery fan but still like a mild crunch - and no dealing with strings!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

I especially love it in stir frys and used in place of celery. I've never been a celery fan but still like a mild crunch - and no dealing with strings!

@Moonchilde

I like to add different enhancers to it, like very thin slices of ginger or soy sauce or sesame oil.  Steam or in a skillet.

Trusted Contributor

Bok Choy, we just love it, especially Baby Bok Choy.  I stir fry it with mushrooms, a little soy sauce, sesame oil.  Add a few onions also.

So many ways to fix it.  I usually slice it and then add it to the pan.

Enjoy!!