Regular Contributor

I get deliveries from QVC numerous times a week from UPS & USPS.  Most of times UPS delivers before I get home from work.  Yesterday there was a note on my door from UPS saying they would not leave packages because I wasn't home.  I can pick them up later at their store nearby or for $5, they will make another attempt to deliver.  The same thing happened with USPS several months ago and it was explained to me that some drivers will not take chance of leaving packages when no one is home due to theft.  It took another week for me to get my packages from USPS.  I am not happy.

Super Contributor

Wow that would tick me off.  Leaving packages has been at the driver's discretion for a long time but the having to pay $5 for another delivery attempt just seems crazy.  UPS used to do 2 or 3 attempts before you would have to go pick something up somewhere.

I usually don't have a problem and packages are left but one time I had a new or different mailman and I ordered something perishable from somewhere.   I wasn't home and he took the package back.  This was a Saturday so I could not get it til Monday.  I raised H with them and they were talking about package thefts but it has never been an issue in my area and that was years ago and packages have been left since.  But I have a feeling it is only going to become a bigger pain.  Maybe we'll need package mailboxes.

Respected Contributor

We are on a rural route, so sometimes I don't even receive mail from one day to the next.  Sometimes I will receive a notice that they couldn't deliver an item to me and it went back to the post office. I usually wait a day and miraculously the next day it's in my mailbox. I think that's how the mail people protect themselves.  I think it was either on the truck and they never made it to my house or it never made it on the truck.  

Regular Contributor

There is no consistency these days. Yesterday, I had deliveries from UPS and USPS both from QVC and a delivery from L.L Bean at the same time from UPS.

Our mail carrier is very good (over the years, we have had at this home only one mediocre one) - he will come to the front door with things that won't all fit in the curbside box) UPS used to ring the bell and make me sign for everything. Now, maybe they ring the bell or knock, maybe they don't but they always leave whatever it is.

What makes me unhappy is when my DH's insulin mail order package(on ice) is just dropped off and no one has rung..........in the past it has sat out there for hours.......

In the rain, UPS will cover QVC and other packages, if it was raining when it was delivered...........

Hey, look at the good side, my Insider magazine came yesterday.....finally..... I remember having to track it down back in the day when you had to subscribe for $12 a year.

Enjoy the nice weather all of us in the Northeast and all thoughts to you all in Houston area.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been at this house for about a year and a half and sadly the mailman here is awful. He is always missing and coming back and puts in mail that doesn't belong. I've never had so much trouble with packages since I've been here. I think I'm going to have to report him.  I may collect all the wrong mail and then deliver it in person to post office so they can see what I'm talking about. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bakergirl wrote:

There is no consistency these days. Yesterday, I had deliveries from UPS and USPS both from QVC and a delivery from L.L Bean at the same time from UPS.

Our mail carrier is very good (over the years, we have had at this home only one mediocre one) - he will come to the front door with things that won't all fit in the curbside box) UPS used to ring the bell and make me sign for everything. Now, maybe they ring the bell or knock, maybe they don't but they always leave whatever it is.

What makes me unhappy is when my DH's insulin mail order package(on ice) is just dropped off and no one has rung..........in the past it has sat out there for hours.......

In the rain, UPS will cover QVC and other packages, if it was raining when it was delivered...........

Hey, look at the good side, my Insider magazine came yesterday.....finally..... I remember having to track it down back in the day when you had to subscribe for $12 a year.

Enjoy the nice weather all of us in the Northeast and all thoughts to you all in Houston area.

@bakergirl, if your DH's insulin is delivered by UPS I strongly urge you to sign up for the free MyChoice program.  You can set your preferences to be notified by email and/or text when you have a package scheduled as well as notifiction when a package has been delivered.  Another huge advantage I've found with the MyChoice program is if a package is shipped surepost I also get delivery notifications when USPS delivers the package.

I believe FedEx has a similar program but I am not familiar with it.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Contributor

I second that suggestion @Marp! I also use MyChoice to be alerted to when my packages are delivered because I live in Las Vegas & have NEVER seen my UPS person. They drop my packages at the door & are back in the truck & probably two streets away before I get to the door if I'm at home!!! It is sometimes up to 115* outside, I do not want my cosmetics or skin care sitting out there for hours in that weather until I just find it. I understand they are on a short time schedule and have a lot to deliver...but dang!!!

I do have to say I prefer my packages being delivered by UPS over USPS. My USPS delivery person is the worst!!! Our little circle of 13 houses routinely receive each others mail and they DO NOT deliver anything to the door...we have a mailbox clusters. Thankfully all of us on our street deliver our mail to each other. <3

Honored Contributor

There's a 'signature release' option at UPS.com; the same with FedEx.com. There's also e-mail and/or text notifications.

USPS.com can update you as well.

Honored Contributor

Somebody is feeding you a line of BS.  I normally get several UPS packages a week, today I had 4.  I've never had to sign for anything and the vast majority of the time they don't even ring the doorbell.  Same with USPS, if it won't fit in the rural style mailbox, they leave it by the front door.  Do you live in a high crime area?  Have you reported package theft in the past? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Anybody knows who at QVC shipping decides whether your package is being sent via USPS or UPS?  I would say 99 percent of my packages arrive by USPS, but I would rather have it delivered by UPS so it would arriive a day early.  UPS drives by my house in order to get to the post office and UPS makes a daily delivery to the neighbors down the street.  Curious..