Respected Contributor

Been waiting and waiting for deliveries for weeks and today 7 packages arrived and 1 yesterday!  Forgotten what I ordered but will soon find out!

Thank goodness DH still in U.K. seeing all these at once wow!

Honored Contributor

Enjoy your goodies!!!

Respected Contributor

Why do women always try to hide their purchases from their husbands, never understood that one.

I ran into a woman a grocery store and I admired her Brahmin, she said "oh my husband insists on buying me a new bag every season, I have so many of these".   What a problem to have.................I was thinking, you think he has an available brother?????

Honored Contributor

@dulwich WHEE!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling   No I never have to hide anything but I know seeing so many Q packages DH might wonder did I go wild and order all of these in one day  as they never usually arrive in bulk!

Respected Contributor

@dulwich that makes sense.

Like my mom used to say "the boat must of came in", literally it must of really came in with so many coming out of the warehouse all at one time.

Respected Contributor

Just Bling, you don't understand why some matters need to be kept secret?

You are fortunate to live in such an unreal world.

With me, it's my older son who gets upset if I'm receiving too much (of anything).

Count your blessings!

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Why do women always try to hide their purchases from their husbands, never understood that one.

I ran into a woman a grocery store and I admired her Brahmin, she said "oh my husband insists on buying me a new bag every season, I have so many of these".   What a problem to have.................I was thinking, you think he has an available brother?????

I don't get it either.  Are they short on funds and don't want their husbands to know they are spending money they don't have?  I've always worked so I have never had to hide anything or justify my purchases. I say as long as something doesn't go over an agreed upon $$ amount, it shouldn't be a problem.  After that, it needs to be negotiated.

Respected Contributor

To make it clear - my original post was about quantity of packages  received in one go nothing to do with hiding from DH or amount of $ involved just quantity.

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich, I completely get what you are saying.  My DH is a generous person, like I am sure your DH is.  But he likes to “rib me” when many packages come at once.

His saying: “Every day in this house is Christmas.”  And for some to know, I do have my own account, which pays for most of my personal purchases.  But sometimes I do go over, and it gets paid from our mutual account.

Even to me, the sight of many packages at once is overwhelming.  And it is rather like Christmas, in a way.