Honored Contributor

LOL enjoyable stress buster

[ Edited ]

don't miss the end   8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MKNTSzftCA

(from Vulture.com) 

18-year-old Amazon parrot "Tico" lives in Florida with his human dad, Frank Maglio Jr. 

Since the start of the pandemic, Maglio Jr., a guitarist and sales manager, has been uploading a series of rock standards to his popular YouTube channel with Tico freestyling on the vocals, which range from “Stairway to Heaven” to the more experimental “Psycho Killer.”

Maglio Jr.’s guitar riffs are great, but Tico is the bona fide star: He struts around, wails, vibes, primal screams, harmonizes, whistles; whatever the he*ll he’s feeling, really. Sometimes he scratches his head with his feet mid-song, and yes, of course he’s covered "Free Bird".

Speaking with a local Florida news outlet earlier this year, Maglio Jr. said that he began jamming with Tico last March, when the coronavirus pandemic forced him, as a diabetic, to indefinitely work from home.

Despite Tico being a part of the family for nearly two decades, Maglio Jr. says that he wasn’t aware of the extent of Tico’s performative vibrato until he responded to his guitar strumming one night, much to his and his wife’s shock and awe.

“These birds are known for being able to sing opera,” Maglio Jr. explained. “He completely botches every single song we make. He does not vocalize the lyrics.” As for Tico’s popularity, he said, “That’s the silver lining of this thing, is how I look at it."

ETA:  their YouTube channel is called "Tico And The Man" Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: LOL enjoyable stress buster

special alert to @chickenbutt and @Bird mama 

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy   I imagine there must be days when Frank wishes Tico would pipe down.  I can't imagine it though.  I would be in absolute heaven.  Thank you for paging me for this.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@feline groovy  Go Tico go !!! 💙 🐦  And Frank is no slouch, either.  🎸 🎵. 

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Woman Happy@Bird mama

Tico and Frank also have videos featuring other rock classicss.  Here's their YT Channel:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGFbXza-uSFzUjXlQbCerFg/videos

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy 

What a great way to bring fun, joy and put a smile on people's faces!!! PARTY ON TICO, PARTY ON! 🦜🎸 🎵

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

No stress around me to bust. We do however have 4 of our 4 legged kids that keep my life stress free. Me worry?  Ain't happening, unless it is something very serious with my wife or 1 of our kids. As for life in general, my concerns are only on things I can control, to do other is a waste of time and energy.

john

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

A star is born.  Tico rocks.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @feline groovy!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

After I watched the first video, I had to watch them all!   So cute.  Thank you!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt