Valued Contributor

Have done it repeatedly in the past without a hitch.  But suddenly they're in a continuous loop.  I delete them and they come right back ... over and over again.  Anyone know how to make it stop?

TIA.

Valued Contributor

@Maggie NoliaIs it possible either your Sent folder or your Trash folder is full and needing to be emptied?

Respected Contributor

E mails from where?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Delete emails.

[ Edited ]

Which email - Gmail, Hotmail etc.?

Is it happening on your phone or your laptop/desktop or tablet? Or in all views? If it's a mobile device, see if you need to update the app. If not, uninstall and install the app again. See what happens.
Also, each of my email accounts has a Help or Contact Support in the Settings or drop down on the App. Send a question to Support. They respond very quickly.

Valued Contributor

@shopperqvc wrote:

@Maggie NoliaIs it possible either your Sent folder or your Trash folder is full and needing to be emptied?

That's actually what I'm trying to do.

Valued Contributor

@jazzed wrote:

Which email - Gmail, Hotmail etc.?

Is it happening on your phone or your laptop/desktop or tablet? Or in all views? If it's a mobile device, see if you need to update the app. If not, uninstall and install the app again. See what happens.
Also, each of my email accounts has a Help or Contact Support in the Settings or drop down on the App. Send a question to Support. They respond very quickly.

Windows Live Mail.  On laptop.

Honored Contributor

? My emails go away when I direct them to be deleted in any mail server I have.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes that happens to me but only in my hotmail account and only with spam that has made it into my Inbox and only on my Ipad. Everything else I can get rid of, just the annoying spam will not delete out. The only cure for me is to go into my mail settings, delete my hotmail account then put it back in again. Then when I go to my hotmail it's finally gone. It never happens on my other email account, only hotmail. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Delete emails.

[ Edited ]

This has happened to me.  I use Comcast and Outlook.  My emails go to Comcast first, then they are sent to Outlook. 

Deleting them only in Outlook doesn't work.  They must be deleted at the source, in my case, Comcast.  

In order to stop the looping, I empty the inbox on Comcast. Every month or so, I do that to prevent this from happening again.  

Trusted Contributor

If you're talking about getting the same email over and over as a new email and it's a new problem it's likely on your email providers end. I've had this problem with Time Warner/Spectrum every once in a while. Normally it's just for a few hours.

Also make sure under your account on the Live Mail under advanced that leave messages on the server is unchecked. That will take it off the original server. Normally even if that's checked you wont get repeats but you never now. If it is unchecked already I think you're just back to it being a provider problem. If it doesn't clear up I'd call them and tell them it's happening. It's probably not just you.