Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE GRANDPA GUS'S Potent Mouse Repellent

sold by QVC

I posted about this product recently on a similar mouse posting. 

Peppermint and other spices very effective.

My mouse traffic came to a screeching hault with Grandpa Gus in the garage. 

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@KingstonsMom  My DH grew up eating squirrel pie, which I didn't really like. But my Mom flowered the legs and breasts and fried them in butter in cast iron. They were crispy and delightful! It is important they be gutted as soon as possible in order to get the best flavor. In my opinion, they were next best to wild rabbit and then pheasant. 

@PA Mom-mom 

]

That whole description is just gross to me.....sorry!

Enjoy what you like, but not me!

Just the word "gutted" makes me gag!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

We have several bird feeders, so hubby does get a little frustrated with the squirrels getting up there, and of course gobbling up any spilled seed on the ground.

I can't help myself-- I do find them so cute, as they scamper about, stuffing their little cheeks.  Ditto chipmunks.  Hubs is charmed by them too, in spite of himself, even though he scolds when he sees them pilfering bird seed...

I remember a poem once, from one of the great, twentieth century poets.   Was it William Carlos Williams?   Or maybe e.e. cummings or something.  He talked about a squirrel, looking "like a teapot".   It was better than that though, obviously.  The imagery just stuck with me all these years!

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner

From Carrie on Sex in the City:  "Squirrels are just rats with

Cute outfits!"

Honored Contributor

The ruined the front lawn last year.  Dug it up so many times it would not grow back.  This spring we threw seed out to help bald spots.  It grew lawn, but they dug that up.  Now they are working on back lawn now.  Darn them.  We put out this granule from coyote urine, and it helps for a day ortwo, then they sneak in.   Am at wits end.  We cant get new lawn til the oroblem is rectified

Honored Contributor

They are the 3 stooges of wildlife!  They are wild, silly, madcap, crazy, slapstick, so full of energy --- they never stop!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Chipmunks, there is a explosion of them in maine, i have holes everywhere in the yard, flower beds.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@KingstonsMom  My DH grew up eating squirrel pie, which I didn't really like. But my Mom flowered the legs and breasts and fried them in butter in cast iron. They were crispy and delightful! It is important they be gutted as soon as possible in order to get the best flavor. In my opinion, they were next best to wild rabbit and then pheasant. 

@PA Mom-mom 

]

That whole description is just gross to me.....sorry!

Enjoy what you like, but not me!

Just the word "gutted" makes me gag!

@KingstonsMom Well, insert the word "cleaned."

Honored Contributor

Yes ,i have ate squirrels, when a kid ,my grandfather hunted them,and rabbits, in Indiana,  two funny stories ,my grand parents lived in the country,we lived in a very small town,as a kid i thought the town squirrels were different from the country ones ,i have memories of granddad ,wearing a hunting jacket,with big inside pockets ,squirrels and rabbits inside he had killed, next story i once had a squirrel caught inside a bird feeder,could not get him out,called police ,they got him out, my husband got a ear full over me calling them,it was their first.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

We have mostly gray and black squirrels with a few red.  It's funny, I was just thinking last week that I haven't noticed as many in our area this fall.  They must have migrated elsewhere.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown