Respected Contributor

Re: Deep breathes, deep breathes, @suzyQ3

SuzyQ3 I'm so glad your dog is okay! At first when I started reading this I thought you were going to say something happened to your husband. Glad all is well!

Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

We just went through a very traumatic incident here. My husband had his car on in the garage to get the battery up to snuff. He kept the garage open to avoid fumes.

He told me he was going to walk our 14--month-old Golden. I was upstairs and yelled down "okay."

About a minute later I thought I heard someone shout my name. I almost ignored it but then ran downstairs to the garage. It was open, but her leash and harness were still there.  I feared something very bad had happened. I ran up and called his cell.

Our pup Cali apparently was spooked by something when he grabbed the harness to put on her. She ran out of the garage and across the street (a busy "through" street that goes down to the beach.

He called her, but she started running in the direction of the beach. As she approached a walking path, he yelled at a woman (turned out to be a neighbor) to grab her, and thankfully she was able to do so.

I ran like hail down to the park with her leash and harness, in my fugly slippers. Both my husband and Cali were very shaken up and decided against a walk.

We are very grateful that our neighbor helped us and for our luck that Cali is still with us.

Thanks for listening. I feel better now.

Picture please of dog and slippers.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@germanshepherdlove& @Greeneyedlady21 

Working on a pic of our pup; not working on a pic of my ridiculous slippers. Smiley Embarassed

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 when you post pictures, remember to turn off your location from your cell phone.  That being said please post pictures of your beautiful beach and surroundings. I need the uplifting and pretty sure so does everyone else.  Thank you (but will understand if you don't want to). 

Honored Contributor

He she is in all her glory:

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 

I'm so happy everyone ended up being safe. I had an incident where I thought my dog had disappeared (long story, I'll spare you!). For me, that fear is only topped by thinking something has happened to a loved one--the human type. Reading your story reminded me of the heart pounding panic of what might be and then the relief that comes afterward when things are okay again. 

Side note - my MIL, an artist and calligrapher by profession, had a dog named Cali but she spelled it Calli for obvious reasons. Sadly, both have passed on but seeing the name, Cali, brought back some really nice memories. Heart

Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 can't see your picture. I checked my settings on my browser and I should be able to see it.  

Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

That's weird, @germanshepherdlove.

Could someone else let me know if you can see the pic I posted of my dog Cali? TIA.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 , I don't see it either. I just see a tiny blue and green square. 

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 

I'm so happy everyone ended up being safe. I had an incident where I thought my dog had disappeared (long story, I'll spare you!). For me, that fear is only topped by thinking something has happened to a loved one--the human type. Reading your story reminded me of the heart pounding panic of what might be and then the relief that comes afterward when things are okay again. 

Side note - my MIL, an artist and calligrapher by profession, had a dog named Cali but she spelled it Calli for obvious reasons. Sadly, both have passed on but seeing the name, Cali, brought back some really nice memories. Heart

@SusieQ_2, I had that panic when I briefly lost my three-year-old daughter in a department store. I can't even describe the feeling -- it's a kind of paralyzing fear that is like nothing I've ever felt.

Cali is named after her home state. :-)