Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot @We usually went to Canada for summer vacation to visit family and friends.This year that won't happen unless the border is reopened.I hope my poor mom will be okay as she is 94 and lives in a nursing home which is under lockdown right now.

What are your summer plans.Will you return to work soon?I know you had some misgivings about the mask situation.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@QueenDanceALot @We usually went to Canada for summer vacation to visit family and friends.This year that won't happen unless the border is reopened.I hope my poor mom will be okay as she is 94 and lives in a nursing home which is under lockdown right now.

What are your summer plans.Will you return to work soon?I know you had some misgivings about the mask situation.

@dex 

I love Canada, I have a brother who lives there.

I hope your mom will be OK!  Has to be scary for both of you.

Other than hopping on my skateboard and cruising along the beach I don't have any summer plans.  As of now I plant to return to work sometime early July.  I want to see how things shake out there (opening June 1) before I go back.  I will be wearing a mask but looks like clients don't have to, according to the regulations.  I could insist, though.  I don't know yet what I will do.  It's a, what would I say, a fluid situation.  I want the reopening to be a success because if it isn't I could be looking for a new place to work out of and chances are they would be gone as well.

So, for now, I am Scarlett O'Hara KItty on a Skateboard,

"I'll Think About It Tomorrow!"

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot @Don't forget your helmet....enjoy the beach.

Honored Contributor

I hope you are able to get to Canada soon, @dex .

Paws crossed for you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Ah, Summer!!

[ Edited ]

I DO LOVE the skatboarding kitty--- Cat Very HappyHeart

To each their own...but I HATE summer---the heat, the humidity, the bugs, the high A/C bills....

GRUMPY and summer | Grumpy cat, Grump cat, Summer memes

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I DO LOVE the skatboarding kitty--- Cat Very HappyHeart

To each their own...but I HATE summer---the heat, the humidity, the bugs, the high A/C bills....

GRUMPY and summer | Grumpy cat, Grump cat, Summer memes

I can't wait for summer to be over & it hasn't gotten here yet.  We hot tub every day before it's hot & the 🌞🌞🌞is over our heads.

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt  I'm with you! I'd rather it be 20 degrees with 10 feet of snow than have to deal with the heat, the bugs, the allergies, the oppressive humidity and generally feeling like a limp dishrag.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ah, Summer!!

[ Edited ]

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@Spurt  I'm with you! I'd rather it be 20 degrees with 10 feet of snow than have to deal with the heat, the bugs, the allergies, the oppressive humidity and generally feeling like a limp dishrag.

@Buffalogal47 

We are on the same wave length! 

I take the garbage out and have to come back and take a shower because Im sweating so bad, who needs a spa when you can use "mother nature's" humidity!!!!

.....I can deal with the cold....just layer it up and Im fine....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”